UK Wildlife Location Guidebook (TP offer)

Mick Ryan

Advertiser
Name
Michael Ryan
Edit My Images
Yes
TP_advert.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Andrew Marshall has compiled a guidebook describing 70 of the best locations for wildlife photography in the UK....where, when and how.

It is illustrated with over 450 stunning wildlife photographs and includes detailed advice on how to take great wildlife photographs.

Use the coupon code, TPFV at our shop to get a 15% discount plus free shipping. (unlimited use until the end of this year)

If you click this link you can find out more about Photographing Wildlife In The UK…..including a look inside the book and sample viewpoints. Use the tabs on the page.

https://www.fotovue.com/shop/books/photographing-wildlife-in-the-uk/

All the best,

Mick

A quick question?

I have done a basket check and entered the TPFV code and the only(?) discount is illustrated as "free shipping" i.e. 15% off of the £25 price but shows as just free shipping. It is not as you say above "TPFV at our shop to get a 15% discount plus free shipping."

I do not see that as 15% discount plus free shipping.....................or have I mis-read what you said in some way???

I put postage in first then code then enter - not sure if update basket working or slow site-and got discount

SUBTOTAL £25.00
COUPON: TPFV -£3.75, Free shipping coupon [Remove]
SHIPPING Free Shipping
CALCULATE SHIPPING

TOTAL £21.25

Worked for me when I pre-ordered the Dorset book

I put postage in first then code then enter - not sure if update basket working or slow site-and got discount

SUBTOTAL £25.00
SHIPPING Free Shipping
CALCULATE SHIPPING

TOTAL £21.25

Worked for me when I pre-ordered the Dorset book

Hmmm! well the test basket I did was that I entered the code on the initial page and the code "made" the free shipping come up and the figure was exactly the 15% mentioned....if there is more than one way to use the basket this is contusing!

Last edited:

SUBTOTAL £25.00
SHIPPING Free Shipping
CALCULATE SHIPPING

TOTAL £21.25

Just revisited this and I see exactly what you copied and pasted. i.e. the discount code is referred to as the Free Shipping Coupon. So I repeat my point how is it that the code TPFV just(?) gives free shipping where the OP says "Use the coupon code, TPFV at our shop to get a 15% discount plus free shipping" to mind that phrase tells me that the code takes off 15% from the £25 and then when checking out/paying the shipping is FOC.

Have I misunderstood or is there a (hidden) step in the basket > checking out that is not obvious! I have underlined the plus in regard to the discount code of 15% off then free shipping ~ that is what "plus" means to me in that statement. If that is not the case someone please explain it to me? NB If I populate the "calculate shipping costs" that has no effect whether I have the code applied before or after that step.

PS On the poster picture in the OP it says get 15% off the price..........? And of course the body of the posting then says free shipping as well!

Last edited:
I think the confusion is that the coupon is called 'free shipping coupon' when shipping is free anyway. It just takes 15% off the book price, and you get free shipping. So in the end you only pay £21.25 inc delivery. I cant see where any other confusion in this is.

SUBTOTAL £25.00
SHIPPING Free Shipping
CALCULATE SHIPPING

TOTAL £21.25
So he got 15% off, and the shipping is free.
What's the problem? :thinking:

Last edited:
My post showed there was 15% off the £25 with free shipping and don`t believe it was my problem to start with
Ha, I see what you mean. I quoted your basket, and should have said "he" got 15% off rather than you. (y)

FWIW

The phrasing in the advert in the OP inferred that the free shipping was (in effect!) part of the offer. Whereas you get free shipping whether you have a discount code or not I.e. normal not a "plus" to the discount being offered to TP members, perhaps better described using "and" rather than "plus"!

And when you use the code the basket tells you it is a free shipping being given.

To me that is inaccurate in its telling and though confusing may not be the best adjective it is not 100% transparent in marketing or offer terms.

Reactions: den
Sorry about any confusion. Yes we offer free shipping as standard on full price books from our website. The discount code, takes 15% off a single book, or several books.

It is hard to compete with Amazon, and the authors get more if you buy from the fotovue website or indeed their own websites.

Photographing Dorset arrives this week. Then we expect Photographing The Peak District (that is a big book) and Photographing The Dolomites in the first few months of 2017, followed by London and South Wales.

All the best and thank you for supporting us and our authors.

Mick

Hi Mick,

Without having seen this, a copy of Wildlife in the UK book is under the tree for me for Christmas. I'm looking forward to reading it, but especially looking forward to the Peak District book, as it's about an hour from my house and somewhere I have just started exploring.

James

Hi James,

Dorset is out today, and the Peak is next, currently being laid out.

All the best,

Mick

Back