Ullswater

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Not been in a position to take any landscape shots in ages due to work commitments therefore managed to get out while holidaying in the lakes last week to try brushing up on what I have previously learnt. Also a bit rusty on the PP front therefore took some tutorial advice from you tube, enjoyed the holiday none the less.

999_8627.jpg

I like it.

Possible a little too much foreground unless you can tweak even more colour / impact out of those pebbles. I;d love to see it a bit bigger too as it's too small really see properly on this big screen here.

I like it.

Possible a little too much foreground unless you can tweak even more colour / impact out of those pebbles. I;d love to see it a bit bigger too as it's too small really see properly on this big screen here.

Dave, thanks for taking the time to critique, I will have a go at trying to make the foreground pebbles pop a little more, that's just the type of advice I was after. Regards the size I don't know why when I upload my shots they always appear unless I am logged in on my account then they appear at the normal size?

I like the composition as it feels balanced. I'm not as keen on the post processing.

The image feels too warm and you have compensated for the lack of beautiful light by bringing up shadow detail and adding saturation and contrast to parts of the image eg the trees on the right.

However, I can imagine this photo working as a moody black and white.

Square format would work here I think Russell.

On the PP front I'd try holding the sky back but lightening the rest a little.

It may not improve what is already a great shot but worth a go in these times of "free reprints" aka digital.

Terry.

Back