Critique Ultra wide angle panning.

Looks good to me. I'm surprised you got the blur on the wheels at 1/60, I'd have thought you would need slower, but not something I've tried (yet)

Cheers, he was fairly zooming along and 1/60th seems to get the motion blurred quite easily on the wheels.

Yes, liking this one and I think the UWA and composition works well and is a bit different.

Looks a little on the bright side on phone screen ?

Personally I think its brilliant, it captures the motion wonderfully.
There was a guy posting the other week who was trying to achieve this sort of look.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/help-with-technique.645095/

You might like to post him a link to these

Thanks very much Chris, i shall have a look at the link.

Yes, liking this one and I think the UWA and composition works well and is a bit different.

Looks a little on the bright side on phone screen ?

Cheers Andy, certainly different but very inconsistent results and very frustrating at times!!

You are right and the sky is rather bright but tried to balance that without the foreground being too dark. Thank you.

I think you have nailed it :) mountain biking is more difficult to pan than road bikes as the movement is much more difficult to track. I've tried down to 1/20th and found it almost impossible. A flash with rear curtain synch helped for that.

I think you have nailed it :) mountain biking is more difficult to pan than road bikes as the movement is much more difficult to track. I've tried down to 1/20th and found it almost impossible. A flash with rear curtain synch helped for that.

Cheers Newbie, yep tracking is certainly challenge down a bumpy track! No flash with this, just ambient light and lots of patience!

I always liked to use a slow shutter speed, coupled with rear curtain sync flash and get as close as possible. A bit of trial and error with the exposure and you can balance the ambient light with the flash.
With no flash that's a great effort though.

Hi Nessiemac/Dave

Here's an old shot of mine with slow sync 2nd curtain flash. Think this one is 5yr old :LOL:

Back