Umbrellas

Name
Darryl
Edit My Images
No
Hello fellow pitch-side dwellers,

Have any of you used/use an umbrella with/without a ground spike?

it lashed it down on Saturday and I was doing the social media as well as the photos and the iPhone screen became so wet it wouldn’t recognise my finger or would type extra characters.

I gave up on using live-tether as I’m not sure the Pixel-Sunscreen is rated for such heavy rain.

Trying to think of solutions as I doubt it’ll be the last wet day of the season!

An iCap Pro, either mid or max dependent on laptop size, is what you want

I have a Pixel Sunscreen however I’m not sure what confidence I have for it in truly inclement weather, also where to put it is an issue

I did an event recently and got thoroughly soaked through, to the point where it was like I had jumped in a pool!

Going to get one of these, and use it with a folding golf umbrella I have been given. The umbrella folds to tripod size but is quite big when open, the camera bag hanging off the tripod hook should help keep it all weighed down but I won't take my hand off it while my camera is also attached!

T

I did an event recently and got thoroughly soaked through, to the point where it was like I had jumped in a pool!

Going to get one of these, and use it with a folding golf umbrella I have been given. The umbrella folds to tripod size but is quite big when open, the camera bag hanging off the tripod hook should help keep it all weighed down but I won't take my hand off it while my camera is also attached!

T

Ooh that looks interesting - I was thinking of a ground spike and one of our club brollies, which are quite substantial.

for really bad weather at places i can use one... I use a bog standard brolly from sports direct and stick it down the front of my coat... hands free :) I also have the icap for my laptop but the two usually dont go together as in the type of job i do that i can use a brolly doesnt usually req instant pics :)

If you go too big the club officials might have a tilt about you blocking peoples view (depends where you are) I'd also suggest a plain brolly as they might be funny about advertising if theres name on it.

If you go too big the club officials might have a tilt about you blocking peoples view (depends where you are) I'd also suggest a plain brolly as they might be funny about advertising if theres name on it.

i think anyone using a brolly would have to use common sense anyway :)

If you go too big the club officials might have a tilt about you blocking peoples view
405007_357801077592517_1068580750_n.jpg

I've used this same technique before, works a treat providing there's not much wind.

I was at a match a couple of years back and a chap next to me had an umbrella that he lost in the wind which almost took me out just as a team were in to score a try. He got death stares for several minutes.

I do often think that if it's torrential, proper biblical stuff, the images can wait. The equipment just isn't worth killing for the sake of getting stuff out asap.

for really bad weather at places i can use one... I use a bog standard brolly from sports direct and stick it down the front of my coat... hands free :) I also have the icap for my laptop but the two usually dont go together as in the type of job i do that i can use a brolly doesnt usually req instant pics :)

Back