Ummm, Some more from brownsea Island

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
WB is definitely looking wrong on them (on my phone which is usually pretty accurate). Look very green, squirrels included! Some nice shots otherwise though, brownsea is such a nice place to visit :)

WB looks pretty good on my screen tbh
Great shots, we are spending the weekend in Poole and hope for good weather for our day on brownsea.

This was my first time out with my D7200, I haven't really done much in the way of processing on the shots, The picture control (in camera) was set to vivid. How much of a difference the "vivid" picture control adds to the shots I don't really know.

I like the poses especially where you are eye level, that to me definitely makes a difference to the images as it gives them something extra rather than shooting down on them.

WB is definitely looking wrong on them (on my phone which is usually pretty accurate). Look very green, squirrels included! Some nice shots otherwise though, brownsea is such a nice place to visit :)
I couldn't work out if it was a white balance thing or the harsh sunlight. #1 does look a bit green, #3 looks ok though so not sure if there was a change in lighting.

This was my first time out with my D7200, I haven't really done much in the way of processing on the shots, The picture control (in camera) was set to vivid. How much of a difference the "vivid" picture control adds to the shots I don't really know.
That could possibly be the answer if you were shooting in JPEG, I was trying the 'vivid' camera profile in Lightroom last night and it made a few red squirrel images not look right. Did you shoot in RAW as it would be possible to try editing them again and adjust the situation and white balance. It does look like difficult lighting to get a good balanced exposure.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the reply.
When we arrived on the Island at 10:30 and started to take the shots it was cloudless and very bright with sunlight filtering through the tree canopy which may have had some effect on the colours.
I shot in RAW and have de-saturated the some shots and there is an improvement, although I haven't uploaded the re-edited shots. As mentioned above the shots look terrible on my phone for some reason, I certainly don't get the same effect on my monitor or Mrs plloydie's tablet.
I have since removed the "vivid" profile from the settings and gone back to standard.

For the record, I went and checked on my PC as well and they definitely don't look as incorrect as here. First is still slightly green but that's all. Other ones look fine so must be my phone.

The light through the canopy in the woodland gets quite harsh and I always have to desaturate my shots to an extent even when using a daylight white balence

1, 3 and 5 are the pick, the background with the other two is rather messy and distracting

stan

Back