Under the arches

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This week I've been trying a few different genres, namely landscapes and scenic, however after walking around today I thought this would be the best place for this one. Although I have been taking photographs for a number of years, this is a very new genre to me as I have challenged myself to only use a 35mm prime this week. So all feedback and critique is welcome

Anyway I spotted these garages set into the harbour wall in Tenby and the first one caught my eye, mainly due to the use. Processing wise I wanted to bring out the old and weathered feel that they had. As an afterthought I've thought about adding a little grain but unfortunately I am restricted to Lightroom Mobile on the iPad Pro as I am still on holiday.

Untitled by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

That first arch has bags of character and although I can see what you were trying to convey I feel that a square on shot of that first arch would have possibly been the better composition. Given that the other arches can't really be seen and they look small in comparison to the first. The white one really distracts. The processing is good to my eye. Biggest regret I've had is selling my 35mm prime!

That first arch has bags of character and although I can see what you were trying to convey I feel that a square on shot of that first arch would have possibly been the better composition. Given that the other arches can't really be seen and they look small in comparison to the first. The white one really distracts. The processing is good to my eye. Biggest regret I've had is selling my 35mm prime!

Thanks Chris, the white door is annoying me too, I'm tempting to try and dodge (or is it burn) it in PS when I get home. I know what you mean about the 35mm. In a moment of insanity, I bought a Sigma 35mm Art from the classifieds 2 days before coming away and I'm loving it. I bought it to use as a general walkabout lens when we go to Disney in August. Somehow I think it will be tough removing it.

Back