Under The Blossom

Name
Danny
Edit My Images
No
Taken during the posey session at a wedding last week. Posing couples is the weakest part of my game so it's something I'm always trying to improve on. If I could turn back time (Cher?) and adjust things a little I'd do something with her spare arm - bothers me a little that it's just hanging there.

Oh and just as a little aside, it rained all day apart from 20 minutes so this was taken after we legged it outside half way through their desert! :)

Other than that any comments/crit/advice are gratefully received.

Blossom by Danny Birrell, on Flickr

Very nice Danny. I would probably crop the top off to ditch that horizontal branch and little bit of flare.

As someone who is getting married next year I'd be more than happy to have a shot like this from the day. I don't think the hanging arm is much to worry about. Perhaps if she was holding her husband it might look better but I'm not sure. Looks elegant like it is.

They're snogging the wrong way round :cool:

They needed to be rotated 180°, because what you've got there is a bald head and no bride's face. Ref her dangling arm, they always tend to do that, with or without the flowers, and it always looks like she's just that instant fainted. It calls for some gentle nudging from your good self e.g. "C'mon guys, stop it with the tongues already. Either you both hug while you're snogging, or (groom) you put your right hand on the left cheek of her arse, rotate yourself very slightly anti-clock towards me, and (bride) you hold his left hand with your right while the pair of you make with the rictus grins give me a nice smile."

They're snogging the wrong way round :cool:

See now that's the kinda thing where my inexperience shows - I would never in a million years pick up on that at the time.

I knew it didn't look quite right but couldn't put my finger on why. It was an amazing location as well. Now I'm just filled with regret and self-loathing due to the rookie mistake :) :)

See now that's the kinda thing where my inexperience shows - I would never in a million years pick up on that at the time.

I knew it didn't look quite right but couldn't put my finger on why. It was an amazing location as well. Now I'm just filled with regret and self-loathing due to the rookie mistake :) :)

I've no idea how often I made the same mistake before the penny dropped, but when it did, I did feel a total Richardhead. Same goes for posing brides with their head turned away from the light ... :oops: :$

I've no idea how often I made the same mistake before the penny dropped, but when it did, I did feel a total Richardhead. Same goes for posing brides with their head turned away from the light ... :oops: :$

Yup, I'm sure I'll make the same mistake a few more times yet before I remember to put it into practice on the day.

In general tell the bride that when they kiss she tilts her head towards the camera. He tilts away. HOWEVER, it's quite common when they do this all you see is the tip of her head. And that doesn't help either. So I very often tell them to kiss almost square on (no head tilt) but still with her nose camera side of his. Hope that helps!

I like the framing on this with the foreground blossom OOF :)

In general tell the bride that when they kiss she tilts her head towards the camera. He tilts away.

To add to what Ryan's said, it can also help to have checked out which way round they instinctively kiss i.e. when facing each other, do they tilt their heads right or left ;)

Back