Union of South Africa 60009

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
A cold day waiting for trains to arrive the right way around on the ELR, the snow wasn't as bad as I'd expected.

The Union of South Africa leaving Summerseat in the late evening and heading for Bury (I had to wait an hour for it to come back as it arrived on the back of a train headed towards Ramsbottom). A little twiddle using Topaz Studio

union-south-africa-60009-3024.jpg

An impressive picture, I am not to sure about the light coloured out of focus section on the right but do like the detail and sharpness of the locomotive.

Way too much space on the right for me. Otherwise I like :)

I probably should have extended the focal blur layer a bit further to the right....

I don't believe so… as it would take it to the same
level as the focus area.

Very cool DR anyway, Geoff! (y)

Thanks everyone, one of the things that makes photography (or indeed any art) is that everyone has a different idea on how it should work. I didn't mind there being a lot of space on the right as it gave the train space to move into....

Thanks everyone, one of the things that makes photography (or indeed any art) is that everyone has a different idea on how it should work. I didn't mind there being a lot of space on the right as it gave the train space to move into....

Absolutely! So few understand that. If you had a vision - and you achieved it - it's RIGHT!

Now that I like. The driver makes it :)

I got one at Townsend Fold - I'll post it.

Thanks Dave, I must admit this was my favourite of the day (purely because of the driver against the steam) , I did try a B/W version of a shot just before this but preferred the colour one.

I love the colour shot. I’m not a great fan of mono, the second linked one was good, but that colour shot is lovely.

Lovely set, love the monochrome version :)

Thanks Rick and Michael, the sun made a very brief appearance just as the train arrived on what had been a fairly dull day.

Back