Union Of South Africa at Ramsbottom

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
A grey day on the ELR, Union Of South Africa at Ramsbottom Station

union-south-africa-60009-4345.jpg

union-south-africa-60009-4349.jpg

Union Of South Africa with City Of Wells arriving at Ramsbottom.

union-south-africa-60009-4360.jpg

Nice shots - I almost went. Looks like No9 is on the back - I'd have been miffed!

Thanks Dave. It is on the back, there's a diesel on the front, same with the Wells, there's a diesel on the back - they did the same last year - I think to save time so that the engines don't need to swap around at Rawtenstall and Bury. The Union is here till the end of the month, it's running again tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be nice and sunny.

Thanks Dave. It is on the back, there's a diesel on the front, same with the Wells, there's a diesel on the back - they did the same last year - I think to save time so that the engines don't need to swap around at Rawtenstall and Bury. The Union is here till the end of the month, it's running again tomorrow and the weather is supposed to be nice and sunny.

Beltin - I think I'll be there and will endeavor to get No9 heading North. Maybe at Summerseat tunnel.

Shame there's no running around as one of my fave spots is locos on their own at Rawty water tower.

one of my fave spots is locos on their own at Rawty water tower

Yes, it's a good place to get them. Xmas eve is a limited service, with the last train from Bury at 13:40. The Union will also be running on Boxing Day and 29th - 30th Dec; according to the ELR website.

Yes, it's a good place to get them. Xmas eve is a limited service, with the last train from Bury at 13:40. The Union will also be running on Boxing Day and 29th - 30th Dec; according to the ELR website.

Ta - that gives me 5 goes at getting the shot - with either 2 or 3 of them being No9.

Back