Unlimited Wild Art

Suburban Fall

I went a couple of times scouring the woods for fall foliage. There's a reason they call us the Evergreen State.

Best fall foliage around here is in civic landscapes. Ten years ago or fifty years ago some city manager hired a nursery to plant trees that would look great in the fall in perpetuity.

Mission accomplished.

So here's to those parking lot trees.

web-2467.jpg web-2767.jpg
web-2544.jpg web-2647.jpg
web-2669.jpg
web-2473.jpg web-2816.jpg
web-2779.jpg web-2680.jpg
web-6950.jpg

Some lovely autumn colours there Ken - the amber traffic light with the gold leaves behind is a great contrast between nature and man-made.

I always enjoy your updates to this series - thanks for posting.

Chris

Some lovely autumn colours there Ken - the amber traffic light with the gold leaves behind is a great contrast between nature and man-made.

I always enjoy your updates to this series - thanks for posting.

Chris
You know what's funny? Traffic lights around here are all LEDs. The flicker control on my 6Dii was going nuts while I was shooting that.

Suburban Fall

I went a couple of times scouring the woods for fall foliage. There's a reason they call us the Evergreen State.

Best fall foliage around here is in civic landscapes. Ten years ago or fifty years ago some city manager hired a nursery to plant trees that would look great in the fall in perpetuity.

Mission accomplished.

So here's to those parking lot trees.

View attachment 296394

reminds me of fall in my old state of new jersey...the school bus is iconic

got some relatives somewhere up there in aberdeen..

I'm bored with my elk now. They're like wild cows. They stand around with their noses in the ground and their butts in the air. They do have more attractive butts than cows. Low bar.

I was driving down 202 the other morning and they were out. Figured why not? I do like the fact that they live nearby. People here treat them with respect. As they should.

web-8942.jpg web-8897.jpg
web-8956.jpg

Back