Unloading the Zenit . .

Edit My Images
Yes
Hai Guise.
I am the very proud owner of a Zenit 11 (YAY), just recently finished a B&W film and how do I er, unload the Film etc? I wasn't given a manual and some of the sites I look at are a bit vague to me. I tired unloading a roll of film once and ended up ripping it :( I really dont want to do it again.

Anyone could help it would mega awesome. Thanks :)

Ooooh I got one of these yesterday. I'll try and find up the manual I found. but as a quick guide this is how it's done:

Where the shutter is there is like a little semi circle cut out bit (at the back) well half way down the shutter there is a ridge (like a tube surrounding the shutter button?!) You have to sort of pressthis bit down and then you use the bit on the top left as you would a normal filme SLR. Not sure how much sense that made, lol. I'll try and find up the proper instructions.

Edit: this link might help: http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00KbGg

Yep - some Zenith's have this strange arrangement where you have to press a collar around the shutter button to release the rewind spool.

This should be pretty similar....

CLICKY

Luckily I found it much easier to unload than load :) I need to read the manual that's online though as I wasn't sure what I was doing with the camera half the time. I randomly snapped away though, figured I'd get the negs developed to get an idea if the camera even works.

Let us know how you get on with the camera.

Back