Unsympathetic architecture

For me it's the reflections of the building in the windows. Strikes an imposing scene. If only there'd been enough light to fill those lowest windows with reflection.

Very very nice Toni.

Interesting take. I'd maybe stick with pure BW though.

The Bullring neither fits the buildings around it, nor does it match the shape and appearance of people well

That's actually a very very good thing considering what those surroundings were / still are. Hopefully the demolition ball hurries up. The place has improved a fair bit over last 10 years.

Interesting take. I'd maybe stick with pure BW though.

That's actually a very very good thing considering what those surroundings were / still are. Hopefully the demolition ball hurries up. The place has improved a fair bit over last 10 years.

Thank you. I just found that straight mono didn't give the metallic steeliness of the bullring and walkway enough hard shine, and the blue offered a greater sense of depth overall and hardness to the metal parts.

Birmingham is doing some interesting things with architecture, and I'm glad they are, but I also like some of the older buildings too (the Odeon right next door is a lovely warm brick art deco building, unfortunately now in a state. There was one building near (Grand Central) there with a large screen in an eye shape gap with metallic plastic-looking material above in a rippling low quality mirror that *should* look good, but instead looks botched. I liked the Town Hall with it's massive structure and rows of grecian columns, but again it's been spoiled with modern doors etc. The place makes me oscillate between admiration and loathing, and reminds me in some ways of Blade Runner.

Back