Unusual reg spotting

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_0829.jpg

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0832.jpg

Spotted a few unusual registration numbers, while out with the camera this morning. Sorry about the blades of grass and leaves etc in the shots, but I was down the embankment, and I simply grabbed the shots quickly. Can't make out if the last reg is, 550 or S50. Just looks not like the norm format.

Last one could be an Audi S-line model.

I was looking at the number plate, I did not even notice the model. I can't name modern cars, I stopped being able to name car models, possibly end of the 80s. :)

Last one could be an Audi S-line model.

It is an S-Line and going by the headlamps it's a 2015 model

The Clio is just a normal number, the fact it has an 'S' in the reg means it was registered somewhere in Scotland.

Last edited:
A local Viscount has VN1 through to VN7, they must be worth a fortune but they've had them for decades.
I don't know what a Viscount is exactly :rolleyes:
Easy to remember and spot, I saw one of them in SE France years ago,

Last edited:
The Clio is just a normal number, the fact it has an 'S' in the reg means it was registered somewhere in Scotland.

I am not well up on modern cars, or modern style prefixes. Even the most basic prefix can throw me. :)

this is on my car

1UosNpc.jpg

First is my initial - the 3 is when we had 3 Afghan hounds - and DOG as we owned boarding kennels at the time. Great investment as well, value gone up a lot since I bought it many years ago.

Nice are as well. (y)

Many years ago I got to know a guy who was always sporting personalised number plates but on the same car, sometimes several times a month.

In conversation he explained he was simply getting them made up at his local garage as and when he felt like a new number!

I explained the error in his thinking,( and the law), but he wasn't bothered. Got away with it for a long time before attracting the attention of the Police.

Many years ago I got to know a guy who was always sporting personalised number plates but on the same car, sometimes several times a month.

In conversation he explained he was simply getting them made up at his local garage as and when he felt like a new number!

I explained the error in his thinking,( and the law), but he wasn't bothered. Got away with it for a long time before attracting the attention of the Police.

I was thinking of getting a personal plate some years back, but all the decent JON combinations had gone.

Used to have
RIII
ROC
on my Triumph Rocket 3. Came with the bike and stayed on it when I sold it. Could probably have flogged it separately (a new version of the R3 was just about to be released) but CBA! The OD suffix on older plates is local to use here but I've never ended up with an NOD one. If I ever do, I might keep it (Mrs Nod kept the one that came on her previous toy since it's her "nom de guerre!) but I doubt I'll spend much time looking for a vehicle with that reg and I certainly won't buy a reg no.

I have got a photo somewhere, of a person's car number plate. Gives an idea of the type of ladies he liked, and the post code. I will see if I can find it.

Last edited:
This would have been a good one for an ex member/mod here.

DSCF0588.jpg

but since it's on this, I doubt she'll get it!!!

DSCF0589.jpg

I have got a photo somewhere, of a person's car number plate. Gives an idea of the liked, and the post code. I will see if I can find it.

Found it...

vw.jpg

I knew the owner by sight, and to say hello to. Photo taken in the L17 district of Liverpool a few years ago. His girlfriend was a lovely bubbly person, and always had time for a chat.

Last edited:
Got to be honest here and say I would be annoyed if someone took a picture of my car and number plate and put
it on the internet, I know too many people who have had their plates cloned and put on similar cars then had to explain
to the police that they were no where near when an offence took place

it is a Nissan Xtrail Tekna top of range , bought new 5 years ago. Had it as a 7 seater and towbar fitted. More gadgets than you can shake a stick at including 5 cameras. Great thing is to update the sat nav just needs the latest SD card inserted, no fiddling about with discs or back to garage for update. Only thing it doesn't come with is a sexy long legged young blonde woman
That was supposed to say Car. ;)

Got to be honest here and say I would be annoyed if someone took a picture of my car and number plate and put
it on the internet, I know too many people who have had their plates cloned and put on similar cars then had to explain
to the police that they were no where near when an offence took place

All a baddy need do, would be to walk down the street, and pick any car number. I don't think they would trawl photography sites looking for numbers.

PS

There is a website that encourages you to post car details and numbers, if you think they are driving badly. Plus, they even leave offensive messages.

Last edited:
All a baddy need do, would be to walk down the street, and pick any car number. I don't think they would trawl photography sites looking for numbers.

PS

There is a website that encourages you to post car details and numbers, if you think they are driving badly. Plus, they even leave offensive messages.

Well in the cases I know of the people concerned had been no where near the area, south coast to
Liverpool/manchester/norfolk
Perhaps those driving badly are cloned plates, not going to worry them is it

Best I saw was a Ferrari driving through Fulham which had strategically place screws to make the plate read EGO 2 BIG. I've got a pic somewhere. I'll post later. I have a subtely (yes I know I'm naughty) altered ISSY G which is my daughters name.

Best I saw was a Ferrari driving through Fulham which had strategically place screws to make the plate read EGO 2 BIG. I've got a pic somewhere. I'll post later. I have a subtely (yes I know I'm naughty) altered ISSY G which is my daughters name.

I think some got a ticking off for that, it might even be an offence. I always wanted a private plate, but never had a decent enough car for one though. :)

Friends of ours Mr and Mrs Joines owned Hoare Cross hall in Staffs . Her car plate had the number HRH 2 (on a bentley of course). of course you can imagine what people thought. Got to know them as they boarded their dog with us. Got an invite for a fantastic meal and look around with Janet ( Mrs Joines)

Last edited:
Around 1986 R5 was for sale.
My initials are RS and at the time I had a Renault 5.
Only problem was the price...£45,000
o_O

Back