Upcycled 2

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
A different job this week and different skip too. It's becoming a bit of habbit I am supposed to throw stuff away not retrieve other bits of trash and bring it home only to then throw it away in our bin.
Plus I really need to photograph something for a reason but for now I just have to be happy with playing around trying to make pretty shadows on stuff.

Anyways these shadows were created with some wooden slats that formed the bottom of airing cupboards. I had the rear shadow in my minds eye and could see it making a good background for a subject. I then thought maybe I could use some held up vertical and see if I could get stripes that way too. Which I did manage but only to one side of my face. So I guess I would have to use the same on the other side.
I had ran out of wood by then and teatime was up so end of play !

Comments crit fedback good/bad is mst welcomed.

Gaz

Wood_crates_web.jpg

Behind the scenes.

IMG_6751alfie_tp.jpg

Interesting effect Gaz, quite sinister looking...

...if you took this yourself well done getting your eye in the light.

I like it, it has a sort of (bloody scary) film poster look to it. The top and bottom black border adds to the overall look too.

Fab!

I can feel a project coming on.. A series of selfies with the same pose but different shadows projected on yourself and the background. Could be exceedingly cool as a series.

In this one it's a minor shame that your chin is the brightest spot but that's a simple tweak.

Cool… my little thing would be that the bands on your visage
are too thick… otherwise successful!

Interesting effect Gaz, quite sinister looking...

...if you took this yourself well done getting your eye in the light.

I like it, it has a sort of (bloody scary) film poster look to it. The top and bottom black border adds to the overall look too.
Hi Ian. Thanks for your thoughts on this one. Yes it was a selfie. I was pretty lucky with the eye thing. Surprisingly it didnt take many shots.
Fab!

I can feel a project coming on.. A series of selfies with the same pose but different shadows projected on yourself and the background. Could be exceedingly cool as a series.

In this one it's a minor shame that your chin is the brightest spot but that's a simple tweak.
Thanks Simon. Good idea re taking more in the same style. I will be on the look out for other shadow makers "Cheap" ;-) I missed that (Chin brightness). I have brought it more in line with the rest of the face in this one. Better/worse ?
Wood_cratesweb.jpg

Cool… my little thing would be that the bands on your visage
are too thick… otherwise successful!
Hiya. Yes I agree a little thinner would have been better. In my first attempt the bands were double the thickness here. So I doubled the timbers "seen in the behind the scenes image post" sort of staggering them so the slat/gap was in half. This was still to big so I moved the flash back about 4 ft which gave a sharper shadow and narrower too. I never mentioned I just assumed you all know how it was lite.
2 bare speedlights if anybody doesnt.
Very cool!

Thanks Ben

Gaz

Last edited:
I think better. More importantly, do you?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm being as I never saw it the first time around i'm not that convinced.That said as you know once youve seen it thats all you can see :) The edit certainly dont do it any harm.

Gaz

Back