Update available to Lightroom CC & Camera Raw CC

Cheers Gramps. Once I figured out why Adobe was refusing my password I was able to download it. v. 6.9 - must be getting close to v7!

mine is also refusing me to log into my app on my MacBook, what did you do to resolve this?? I can log in through google etc just not the app

Don't be so sure about v7 :LOL:
Not really. Software iterations are named n.9, n.10, n.11 etc.

So plenty of time for Lightroom v7 ie...

But hopefully a revolutionary new Lr v7 isn't too far away, but I won't hold my breath (on both v7, and it being a revolutionary upgrade rather than mildly evolutionary). :)

The revolution will be that it will be only available on subscription. Good for most but i don't like it myself. Prefer to pay upfront for anything.

mine is also refusing me to log into my app on my MacBook, what did you do to resolve this?? I can log in through google etc just not the app
In my case I was trying to log into the CC app manager and update Lightroom. It prompted me for my password, and I thought it meant my Adobe login password. I finally figured out it actually wanted my Mac admin password to initiate the download.

The revolution will be that it will be only available on subscription. Good for most but i don't like it myself. Prefer to pay upfront for anything.

I'm sure a subscription to LR and PS at what - £10 per month? - is a good deal but for those that don't want or need PS, the subscription model is a real pain. Here's hoping an update to LR7 continues to be available outright.

In my case I was trying to log into the CC app manager and update Lightroom. It prompted me for my password, and I thought it meant my Adobe login password. I finally figured out it actually wanted my Mac admin password to initiate the download.

You are not alone in doing that! :D

Me too even if its only a download although I would prefer a hard copy too

I have a stand alone, non-subscription copy of Lightroom and I still got the "Update" pop-up a couple of days ago.
I'm concerned about downloading/installing it, in case I suddenly find myself subscribed to CC and Adobe demanding payment from me.
Has anyone else installed the update to a non-CC version of Lightroom?

I have a stand alone, non-subscription copy of Lightroom and I still got the "Update" pop-up a couple of days ago.
I'm concerned about downloading/installing it, in case I suddenly find myself subscribed to CC and Adobe demanding payment from me.
I've downloaded it and haven't had any issues.

Remains to be seen if Adobe stick to their promise that LR will remain in perpetual licence as well as CC. I am a PL user as well.

I would be interested to know! Mine didn't pop-up. From what i understand with previous update we can do them it's just that some of the news functionality such as dehaze are desabled when using a perpetual licence?

Edit: Just spotted rick comment above (y)

Last edited:
I've downloaded it and haven't had any issues.

I would be interested to know! Mine didn't pop-up. From what i understand with previous update we can do them it's just that some of the news functionality such as dehaze are desabled when using a perpetual licence?

Edit: Just spotted rick comment above (y)
OK. Deep breath and I'll see what happens...

I Had terrible problems again to Update lightroom.
Had to go online and have my computer taken over by an Adobe expert Yesterday. It took him a couple of hours to fix it.
I had managed to update the raw processor, but the Lightroom cc itself could not extract the down loaded files.
This is the second time I have had to call on their services since I took on CC.
It is Ok now But what about next time?

Had to go online and have my computer taken over by an Adobe expert Yesterday. It took him a couple of hours to fix it.
I had managed to update the raw processor, but the Lightroom cc itself could not extract the down loaded files.
This is the second time I have had to call on their services since I took on CC.

Did they say what caused the issue as I thought it was a minor update?

Did they say what caused the issue as I thought it was a minor update?

I am not sure he ever found out. He eventually had to create another admin user, remove a mass of files and then download again.
Which is much the same as they had to do last time.
I suspect it was an interaction problem between windows and the Adobe system.
He left my virus program switched off, which fortunately I had noticed.

Oh dear, that's all a bit worrying.
I don't know whether to download and install the update or leave Lightroom alone.
Mine is a stand-alone copy, I'm not on CC.

I found out today that LR is a lot more powerful than I thought, as I had my book delivered How do I do that in Lightroom, by Scott Kelby.
What do you think of the book Dave I'm thinking of getting it ?

And me all done now

Hi Pete, for me as a total learner using LR 6 I think the book is great. Not too big and it is very helpful to me :)
Hi Dave thanks that sounds great
I only use lightroom for raw conversion at the moment I've got no idea how to use the cataloging features or any of the other things that you can do
I'll order it I think :)

Hi Dave thanks that sounds great
I only use lightroom for raw conversion at the moment I've got no idea how to use the cataloging features or any of the other things that you can do
I'll order it I think :)
The essence of the Lightroom catalog is to have the discipline to title, caption and keyword all your images when you download them.
By doing that, it makes searching for an image much easier.

The essence of the Lightroom catalog is to have the discipline to title, caption and keyword all your images when you download them.
Thanks Brian I will have to start doing that
At the moment I just dump them in a folder for each month!

Thanks Brian I will have to start doing that
At the moment I just dump them in a folder for each month!

FWIW I made the mistake of just foldering and am, now steadily but slowly keywording and Smart Foldering to help me get a grip on handling my 'filing'. All new images get keyworded following Import ~ it's the older ones that are the log jam :( ;)

FWIW I made the mistake of just foldering and am, now steadily but slowly keywording and Smart Foldering to help me get a grip on handling my 'filing'. All new images get keyworded following Import ~ it's the older ones that are the log jam :( ;)
Do you download your images using Lightroom, or download your images into your choice of folder and then import that into Lightroom?

For best results you should download using LR, that way LR always knows where your images are located.
I have my image dating set to D/M/Y in camera.
When I download them I have a folder called "2017" (or whatever the current year is) which I download to.
Lightroom automatically creates a sub-folder within "2017" by month and day, so all my images appear in chronological order.
It's not essential to do them like this, but it makes life easier when creating backups, and you finish up with a tidy and logical set of folders on the hard drive.
A number of people seem to name their folders (like "Holiday","Wedding", "Birthday", "Zoo" etc) but I've never seen the point in doing that, I just store them by date.
As I've said, as long as your images are keyworded, a LR search will find them without you having to know which folder to look in.

Back