Urban decay, carriages in the sidings awaiting restoration

It's certainly interesting. I'd *personally* have preferred slightly more sympathetic processing and a little more space around the carriages, but appreciate you may feel quite differently. :)

That first coach looks like an old inspection saloon. Does anyone know if this is correct?
It's a BR Mk1 Brake of some sort, though the windows are strange.
I've looked through the list of carriages at that railway and can't identify it. Weird. I wonder if @TonyT has a cleared image of the side which might make identification possible if the carriage number is still readable.

It's a BR Mk1 Brake of some sort, though the windows are strange.
I've looked through the list of carriages at that railway and can't identify it. Weird. I wonder if @TonyT has a cleared image of the side which might make identification possible if the carriage number is still readable.

Windows and coach ends make it look like a 1980s refurbished ex BR (SR) electric multiple unit coach.

The corridor connection window is a red herring although it might have been used for a push-pull operation on a preserved railway?

‘Painted at Rampart 5.08’ on the end is a further clue as to its past history. Rampart are a rail maintenance company often engaged in work for the preserved sector.

Photographically, the peeling paint on the second coach has much more interest and scope for a great capture.

Last edited:
Back