Urban Exploring

As I'm an Electrician i'm finding it difficult to look past the Conduit and open back box above the chaps Head - without that i'd prefer this image :)

“Urban Exploring” hmmm isn’t that just the trendy way of gaining acceptance for trespassing/breaking in and generally being above needing to show respect for other folks property? If you had permission to enter fair do’s but otherwise (especially in a global pandemic) :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

“Urban Exploring” hmmm isn’t that just the trendy way of gaining acceptance for trespassing/breaking in and generally being above needing to show respect for other folks property? If you had permission to enter fair do’s but otherwise (especially in a global pandemic) :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

yawn....

A year or two ago I noticed someone had done a shoot like this in a school I used to go to, which has sadly fallen into disrepair. Very strange and eerie to see a place I recognised in that state. It looked like something from the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone.

It's usually trespassing, unlawful certainly, but if done correctly (taking nothing but pictures, carefully leaving no trace) then I would suggest it's not wrong. Probably good to start a separate thread if you want to discuss it.

This is my favourite bit of 'trespassing' of all time:

This is my favourite bit of 'trespassing' of all time:

Now that is pretty phenomenal!

Ok. I was just going to walk away from this thread but....I’m not! Right that’s the angry out the way now the apology. Whilst I’m still not taken with the idea of urbex I do see the appeal and if I’m honest it’s quite possible if my health improves in the future I would be prepared to see what it’s all about despite my reservations. I’ve had a very stressful two years now that culminated to a degree this week and I think this thread appeared just at the point I needed to vent. That’s not an excuse I know but it’s how it was at the time. Again apologies @Donnie if I caught a nerve and also for taking the thread off topic :)

Last edited:
Ok. I was just going to walk away from this thread but....I’m not! Right that’s the angry out the way now the apology. Whilst I’m still not taken with the idea of urbex I do see the appeal and if I’m honest it’s quite possible if my health improves in the future I would be prepared to see what it’s all about despite my reservations. I’ve had a very stressful two years now that culminated to a degree this week and I think this thread appeared just at the point I needed to vent. That’s not an excuse I know but it’s how it was at the time. Again apologies @Donnie if I caught a nerve and also for taking the thread off topic :)

It's a bit of a niche thing to be fair, and you are right it's trespassing and it's technically unlawful but its civil law as opposed to criminal law. Possibly splitting hairs I know but....
Anyway, fair play to your post at least youve put it in some context (y)

As I say it's niche but there are many out there doing this almost weekly, me? this is on my doorstep and it's about the only place ive seriously explored. lol.

It's a bit of a niche thing to be fair, and you are right it's trespassing and it's technically unlawful but its civil law as opposed to criminal law. Possibly splitting hairs I know but....
Anyway, fair play to your post at least youve put it in some context (y)

As I say it's niche but there are many out there doing this almost weekly, me? this is on my doorstep and it's about the only place ive seriously explored. lol.
(y)
Thanks for taking it in good spirit, to be honest I’m now just feeling a Pratt on top of everything else that’s gone of

Back