No
Some pictures from Newcastle...

CRW_5799.jpg

CRW_5804.jpg

CRW_5816.jpg

CRW_0071.jpg

CRW_5823.jpg

CRW_0074.jpg

Someone’s been out taking there architecture shots. I like them Adrian, although I don’t visit the town much I recognise the area. I’m finding b/w pics very appealing. Although all are very good in my eyes, my favourite is 5.
Ken.

Lovely shots. No 2 feels a bit Cartier-Bresson. I love No 4. You could crop that one a lot and have a very different but still great shot.

Good selection of shots, and as you put it under the heading of urban i guess thats the idea you were going for and the one that screams urban to me has to be the last one number 6, it shows a lot of things, litter, movement, metal, concrete the nuts and bolts of urban architecture. I like the country and the feel of being stuck behind a cage is very urban to me and that is the feel i get from the shot. Number 4 gives me a similar feel but to me just lacks what 6 has and its not just colour.
I think you have some good strong lines throughout the series. To pick a least favourite i would say number 3, for me there is just a little bit too much going on, maybe a portrait shot may have been good, along the same lines as number 5 just to get rid of some things around the edge.

Very nice Adrian :)
I particularly like the motorcycle and car photos, but I felt they would have benifited from a few more moving vehicles. Just to show the speed and congestion of the city. Also I think that the last one may have worked as a b& w photo too. That way they could be viewed as a collection, and not 6 separate photos.

One more thought. I think that the black & white really works here with all of the linear elements and the light and shadow, as well as the fact that cities are "concrete jungles."

Overall, I really like all of them. [smilie=t:

very cool, im not very good at that sort of shot, so i need to get out and practice!

I like the country and the feel of being stuck behind a cage

I didn't mean that quite how it reads being stuck behind a cage is not something i like.....I'll leave you this , maybe you can place it for me.

Also i'm with Effyman, i feel number 6 would work as black and white too and that would finish the set nicely, but i do like it as colour.

Thanks for all the comments folks :). I originally planned the 6th picture as a mono but to me it didn't work at all as the mono takes out the focal point and makes it blend in with the rest of the detail. I'd be interested in what you think as well.

CRW_0074mono.jpg

I prefer the colour version. Apart from the green paper thing the tones are very subdued and it provides a contrasting splash of colour. It might be worth masking off the green whatsit and converting the rest of the shot to B&W just to give you another option?

You were right keeping it as a colour shot, works a lot better.

CT said:
I prefer the colour version. Apart from the green paper thing the tones are very subdued and it provides a contrasting splash of colour. It might be worth masking off the green whatsit and converting the rest of the shot to B&W just to give you another option?

I'm not really a big fan of manipulation. The only thing I've done with the pictures is convert them to mono. I even used a real red filter!

I find that bright sunshine lends itself to mono urban shots, whereas dull days are better for colour - just a personal thing, but the mono shots here certainly look better to me than the colour one, which would work if it weren't so sunny.

Back