Stepside F100 - what Ford do best!

DSCF5319p.JPG

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
I used to love riding in the dickie seat (aka rumble seat) of Grandpa's vintage cars as a kid.

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
I was going to stick this in the Classic/Important thread but here'll do - especially since it's related!

A Cobra Daytona coupé - almost certainly a replica/kit.

DSCF5349.JPG

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
... A Cobra Daytona coupé - almost certainly a replica/kit.
Hi, real COBRAs are rare. On the other hand, replicas may offer the same fun in everyday use, and will be easier to maintain ... ---

With modern US cars in Germany there are very few dealers and even fewer workshops with skilled mechanics ...

L1017248_DxO-L50s-c-tp.jpg

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
TBH, basic maintenance and tuning on an American V8 isn't that hard - or wasn't until computers started to get involved!

We used to have a kit-car show down here and one of the manufacturers did a beautifully hand beaten Daytona replica body = for a price! I've chatted with some race replica kit owners (one Daytona and a couple of GT40s) and while they enjoy their creations hugely, driving them isn't much of a pleasure (generally, although one of the GT40s has AC which improves the experience hugely!) - cramped. noisy etc..

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, here in Germany it got worse over the years. There used to be big US car dealerships, but these are almost gone, apart from those in a few major
cities like Berlin and Munich.

Finding someone to work on a 55 Chevy for example can be difficult and expensive. And I have been told they do not take on every kind of work on the cars.

And for new cars, there are a few dealers with workshops. But not having many customers, they have lots of brands, and I am not sure if the mechanics
are certified for all cars ... ---

US cars are considered exotic here, with brands like Mercedes, BMW and AUDI offering good quality. And the used car market is huge.

I enjoyed driving US cars in the states. But when I wanted a bigger car for business travel, I bought my S-class I still have today in 1993.

I am not sure, if I would still have a Cadillac or Lincoln from the 90s running here ... ---

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
IIRC the (?)TuV(?) test is like our (UK) MoT test but much harder and any parts fitted must be certified.

Not that many American cars here - at least, not many local to us here. A few Mustangs and a couple of Chrysler 300s with a few more Jeeps of assorted types. Our roads have too many corners and our petrol is too expensive to make them a popular choice!

OP
OP
justpix
Name
Immo
Edit My Images
Yes
IIRC the (?)TuV(?) test is like our (UK) MoT test but much harder and any parts fitted must be certified.

Not that many American cars here - at least, not many local to us here. A few Mustangs and a couple of Chrysler 300s with a few more Jeeps of assorted types. Our roads have too many corners and our petrol is too expensive to make them a popular choice!
Hi, there are more American cars here, because they have LHD and a lot have been imported from the states over the years. Fuel is expensive here, too, but it is just a part of the
costs of ownership. Car parks and roads are not made for US cars here, too.

The most rational emotional choice here is the current Mustang, with a wide network of FORD garages. Owners of vintage US cars and other US brands take the
Mustangs not seriously, maybe because ownership is so easy ... --- :

D80_7553-n70c-tp.jpg

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice surprise!

Edit My Images
No
"You bought an Edsel!"

Sony HX-90 8GB 01 DSC00054.JPG

Nod

Krispy and Kremey
Name
Nod (NOT Ethel!!!)
Edit My Images
Yes
Has Greta upset someone or is the sign a dogger's invitation? :)