yours for £28000!!!!

bit out of my price range

gary

Hi, yesterday at the vintage car event in Boppard:

DSC03662-a7r2-3-s35c-tp.jpg

Mother-in-law in her back-seat:

DSC03663-a7r2-3-s35-tp.jpg

DSC03664-a7r2-3-s35-c-tp.jpg

I used to love riding in the dickie seat (aka rumble seat) of Grandpa's vintage cars as a kid.

I was going to stick this in the Classic/Important thread but here'll do - especially since it's related!

A Cobra Daytona coupé - almost certainly a replica/kit.

DSCF5349.JPG

... A Cobra Daytona coupé - almost certainly a replica/kit.

Hi, real COBRAs are rare. On the other hand, replicas may offer the same fun in everyday use, and will be easier to maintain ... ---

With modern US cars in Germany there are very few dealers and even fewer workshops with skilled mechanics ...

L1017248_DxO-L50s-c-tp.jpg

TBH, basic maintenance and tuning on an American V8 isn't that hard - or wasn't until computers started to get involved!

We used to have a kit-car show down here and one of the manufacturers did a beautifully hand beaten Daytona replica body = for a price! I've chatted with some race replica kit owners (one Daytona and a couple of GT40s) and while they enjoy their creations hugely, driving them isn't much of a pleasure (generally, although one of the GT40s has AC which improves the experience hugely!) - cramped. noisy etc..

Well, here in Germany it got worse over the years. There used to be big US car dealerships, but these are almost gone, apart from those in a few major
cities like Berlin and Munich.

Finding someone to work on a 55 Chevy for example can be difficult and expensive. And I have been told they do not take on every kind of work on the cars.

And for new cars, there are a few dealers with workshops. But not having many customers, they have lots of brands, and I am not sure if the mechanics
are certified for all cars ... ---

US cars are considered exotic here, with brands like Mercedes, BMW and AUDI offering good quality. And the used car market is huge.

I enjoyed driving US cars in the states. But when I wanted a bigger car for business travel, I bought my S-class I still have today in 1993.

I am not sure, if I would still have a Cadillac or Lincoln from the 90s running here ... ---

IIRC the (?)TuV(?) test is like our (UK) MoT test but much harder and any parts fitted must be certified.

Not that many American cars here - at least, not many local to us here. A few Mustangs and a couple of Chrysler 300s with a few more Jeeps of assorted types. Our roads have too many corners and our petrol is too expensive to make them a popular choice!

IIRC the (?)TuV(?) test is like our (UK) MoT test but much harder and any parts fitted must be certified.

Not that many American cars here - at least, not many local to us here. A few Mustangs and a couple of Chrysler 300s with a few more Jeeps of assorted types. Our roads have too many corners and our petrol is too expensive to make them a popular choice!

Hi, there are more American cars here, because they have LHD and a lot have been imported from the states over the years. Fuel is expensive here, too, but it is just a part of the
costs of ownership. Car parks and roads are not made for US cars here, too.

The most rational emotional choice here is the current Mustang, with a wide network of FORD garages. Owners of vintage US cars and other US brands take the
Mustangs not seriously, maybe because ownership is so easy ... --- :

D80_7553-n70c-tp.jpg

Nice surprise!

"You bought an Edsel!"

Sony HX-90 8GB 01 DSC00054.JPG

Has Greta upset someone or is the sign a dogger's invitation? :)

Back