US cars - open thread

First thought as to its origin was Willys or '40 Ford. Possibly a mix of the 2!

First thought as to its origin was Willys or '40 Ford. Possibly a mix of the 2!

Hi, I found a few pics of the mystery-car in my files, but no interiors :

DSC01479-a7r2-3-tp.jpg

In the link above, it seems to be partly an end-of-the 30s FORD like this one :

DSC01662-a7r2-3-c-tp.jpg

I do like the look of the Willys - not so much the Ford, although I would still give it garage space if it was a gift!

I, like many others I suspect, enjoy looking at these every day, thank you for taking the time to show these.

:plus1:
Not many American cars around here (SW UK) but I do see a few at shows. HOPEFULLY, summer will see the back (or reduction in cases) of covid-19 so shows will go ahead (outdoor ones at least).

There's a Discovery (or Nat Geo) show called Fantom Works and the episode I saw last night featured the finding of a mint survivor '67 Camaro convertible and another less mint one. The minter went into storage and the other (that looked pretty good but turned out to be rotten under the skin) was treated to a 21st century update - new drive train, suspension, brakes etc. under the old (but completely renovated) skin.

I, like many others I suspect, enjoy looking at these every day, thank you for taking the time to show these.

Hi, thank you for your friendly, encouraging comment! (y) Of course, I am in a fortunate situation here in Germany, in a LHD country with over 70 years of GI presence.

So, I shall keep on posting, unless I will be accused of US-car-exhibitionism ... :LOL:

Back