Useful Doodad?

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm finding myself quite drawn to this gizmo from 7 Day Shop.

prod_camera_bellows.gif

What do you think? :?

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=28569

Does this have to be glues onto the screen?

I like the idea but don't fancy the mess it will leave on the screen.

As far as I can see Matt it comes in 3 different sizes and secures with 4 velcro spot pads. Built in magnifier too.

i had a g2 once and looked at this gadget but it was held in place with velcro which i thought when not attached would pick up allsorts of fluff ect i may be wrong, its a good idea cos when the sun is behind you its difficult to see the screen.

CT , what camera u got ?

as there are dedicated flip up lcd cover/shades for the nikon D70/D100 etc and the canon 300D , these just use the same fixings as the lcd protector on the nikon, or a similar thing for the canon
will see if i can find a link

Mypix

Cheers MyPix. I'm using a 20D and I only just got it so I'm not sure about whether a screen hood is available from Canon.

A screen hood would not be of much use to you CT, you view the image through the viewfinder before taking it. If you need to review it afterwards you can just turn the camera back away from the light.

On a DSLR like the 20D I would recommend using the histogram to review the images rather than relying on the screen for colours, brightness etc. Fair enough if you want to check the framing or review images for deletion but I would have though inn those cases turning the camera away from direct light would still be less hassle than using this above gizmo. Just my 2p worth :LOL:

On a compact then it a whole different thing ;)

Back