Using compatible cartridges...

ChrisR

I'm a well known grump...
Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Canon MG6350 printer (not used very often at all), which takes 6 cartridges (Pigment black, black, cyan, magenta, yellow and grey). If I buy a full 6 set of XL Canon inks it costs nearly £80! Some years ago I bought a set of 5 JETTEC "High Quality Re-manufactured cartridges" (all except the grey), and I think 3 of them are in the printer now. At this moment all the inks except the pigment black are showing empty, but the printer is still functioning.

I don't understand the issue about chips in cartridges and reporting of ink levels. Are there any brands that allow proper reporting of ink levels? Should I remove and re-insert the cartridges to clear the problem?

I use blue box inks in my Canon printer. Have done for a long time. They are chipped so report correct ink levels and they give excellent colour. I am not worried about the longevity of the ink as I assume once I pop my clogs all my prints will go into a skip. For home use they are the biz. Have tried other third party inks over the years but had problems with them.

I use blue box inks in my Canon printer. Have done for a long time. They are chipped so report correct ink levels and they give excellent colour. I am not worried about the longevity of the ink as I assume once I pop my clogs all my prints will go into a skip. For home use they are the biz. Have tried other third party inks over the years but had problems with them.

They certainly appear to be keenly priced, as were the JETTECH ones, as far as I remember. I think mine are supposed to be chipped but I can't work out why they don't work! Perhaps the printer being stored on its side in its box for a couple of years might have some influence?

Back