using grey card

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
Only just got a grey card this evening so not much time to use it.

Cu35Ftj.jpg

one if the first effort, still working it out really how to use it, so studying on youtube.

i remember these...and were used with manual settings and most effective with black to white
could be your shot is a bit flat...but now we have digital pp...its easier to compensate to make the colours bounce a bit...ie
its something to do with colour temperature...i think

cheers
geof

Last edited:
When using a grey card/color checker I would suggest using a fixed WB setting in the camera; then the correction can be applied to all images of the same shoot/setting at once (copy/paste in LR).

I have a grey card or two. I do not find them that useful. Either for exposure or colour setting.
Most of us have our own preferences. And if you shoot raw, what is the truth anyway?
If I am processing a bunch of images I set the first to taste then use the same setting for the others.
If you use the dropper tool on the grey. Card in the image. You will find readings vary over the surface.
I tend to look for a grey in the image and bring that to neutral. I then adjust from there. A true neutral usually looks. Far too cold.

Back