Using Lr on iPad Pro independently offline?

Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning all,

I am going on holiday in a couple of weeks & wondered if anyone has done the following and if it’s possible?

I have a subscription to adobe Creative cloud cc & mainly use Lr classic on my iMac without using any of the cloud sync/storage side of things. But I also understand I can get the Lr app on my iPad Pro. Now what I’m thinking is why I’m away if I have taken any shots (in raw), that I want to have a look at, once I upload them onto my iPad can I process them via the Lr app, A) offline as wont have internet connection & B) independently from my iMac so that things only get saved on my iPads storage, but then when I get back home I can then transfer them onto my iMac and interstate them within my catalog on there?

Hope this makes sense and appreciate your help :)

Don’t know about offline p.p joe ,but you can certaintly view all your shots on the i.pad screen and simply delete any from the card whilst in the camera .
Just connect camera and I.pad via Olympus workspace . All your going to see is the camera generated view as per the back screen but a lot larger to see what’s in or out of focus etc
I would probably hesitate Doing full p.p due to limited space on the i.pad HD

Last edited:
Don’t know about offline p.p joe ,but you can certaintly view all your shots on the i.pad screen and simply delete any from the card whilst in the camera .
Just connect camera and I.pad via Olympus workspace . All your going to see is the camera generated view as per the back screen but a lot larger to see what’s in or out of focus etc

Ahh cheers Jeff, I hadn't thought of using Oly Workspace app. Am I right in saying I can link camera via Bluetooth for this, so then internet would not then be required?

Ahh cheers Jeff, I hadn't thought of using Oly Workspace app. Am I right in saying I can link camera via Bluetooth for this, so then internet would not then be required?
yep you are one of those square thingummy boxes comes up on the camera and you take a pic of it with the i.pad and your up and running . works a treat

Back