Vaguely interesting heavily cropped shot

Name
Etienne
Edit My Images
Yes
I have quite a few vaguely interesting heavily cropped shots which I keep meaning to post into a thread somewhere. They're not really keepers since I'm too far away to get a good shot but interesting nonetheless!

Other people can post theirs here too if they like :)

This is a Buzzard I got yesterday up on a nearby hill. It was pretty damn windy to say the least and I guess that's why it's had to shrink itself so small to dive!

Cannonball Buzzard by Phal44, on Flickr

Yes it is - the first image threw me

Yeah it's an interesting pose lol :) It was windy as hell though and I was having to stand behind bushes to even hold my lens reasonably steady so I can only imagine how breezy it was up there.

Few more shots where I wish I had a 4000mm lens on a automatic tracking mount! This seems to be the local pair and I guess one of these is the diving one

They chilling out together a few weekends ago

Amicable Buzzards by Phal44, on Flickr

And then not chilling as much a few seconds later lol

Not so amicable Buzzards by Phal44, on Flickr

Not keepers as you say, but well done all the same. I get them over my house on occasion but soon as I get the camera out....they are gone!

Not keepers as you say, but well done all the same. I get them over my house on occasion but soon as I get the camera out....they are gone!

It's a shame they're not as friendly as the Kestrels nearby who some and hover above me now and then :D

Back