Valencia

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
I went on a long weekend to Valencia and stayed about 200 yards from the City of Arts and Sciences. A stunning place however it really needs winds under 4mph to be able to get reflection shots. I only had 1 night where the winds dropped below 5mph and had to take my chance.The first image is when i couldn't take any reflection images so had to turn my hand to different angles.

Valencia by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

The shapes, symmetry and stars in #1 make it my favourite here Mark, but appreciate the reflection shots as well, especially #2.

Trying conditions but a super set, well done (y)

IMG_3355.JPG Thanks folks.This was the conditions on Sunday night so stayed in as i had a rooftop view. Yeah the wind is a pain however other images are possible with a little thought but it was the reflections i was wanting. On the downside there was an open air club type thing happening and this blocked off a full section i wanted to photograph. Just means i need to visit again now. Lol. A few different views on my flickr now.

Last edited:
I loved my visit here earlier this year. Stunning architecture.

Yeah its a great place for a visit. Easy to navigate around and loads of scenery although my visit was to see the City of Arts and Sciences which i did. Only down point was that a section was shut off for a concert of sorts and had loads of scaffolding etc. Might just need another visit to get the area i missed. Lol

Yeah its a great place for a visit. Easy to navigate around and loads of scenery although my visit was to see the City of Arts and Sciences which i did. Only down point was that a section was shut off for a concert of sorts and had loads of scaffolding etc. Might just need another visit to get the area i missed. Lol
Oh yeah, its all i saw of Valencia too. Id like to go back and see the city and coast.

Steve, you will enjoy it mate. Where will you be staying? We stayed about 200m away from there so easy to go whenever you decide.

Dunno. I am going for a 3 week road trip - after all thats what got me into photography. Planning on the Dolomites, Florence, and Cique Terre in italy. France wise, southwest plus Loir and Spain wise Valencia, Toledo and Zaragotza/Salamanca. I have 25 days over there. I just drive and check forecasts and sleep in car/hotels I find along the way. I never book anything as I need still water, last time I was in Spain there wasn't one day still enough in Valencia for reflections so I didn't bother.

Back