Vaquita Porpoise ~ critically endangered :(

Edit My Images
No
On the BBC world service last they had an item about a Cetacean I only vaguely recalled hearing of a while back as being threatened.

Last night they explained that it is only found in one relatively small area where illegal gillnetting is used to catch a fish also rare! The Vaquita is a by-catch in the nets :(

There are, they reported only 30 Vaquita known to be alive.....................projected to become extinct in 2018 :mad: why oh why can't we take more care of the other wonderful denizens we share this planet with :(

…why oh why can't we take more care of the other wonderful denizens we share this planet with? :(

Because our civilization and systems are creating dreams
of a given standard of living and social recognition based
on money for one part.

Since these systems are digging the gap between rich and
poor —presented with the same dreams but inaccessible to
the later— and since they have mouth to feed… for part two.

Finally, as the rich get (uselessly) richer and still looking for
more, they are in a position to offer a poorly paid and dange-
rous jobs on fishing boats to the hungry ones who hope to get
out of their infernal misery… yet, an other dream.

(this is the best translation I got for my thoughts
… hope it is clear)

Last edited:
Man is greedy and self serving.

It is very sad but nothing will really change. Eventually the planet will be expended and a new home will have to be found, but thankfully I wont be around to see it.

Because our civilization a systems are creating dreams
of a given standard of living and social recognition based
on money for one part.

Since these systems are digging the gap between rich and
poor —presented with the same dreams but inaccessible to
the later— and since they have mouth to feed… for part two.

Finally, as the rich get (uselessly) richer and still looking for
more, they are in a position to offer a poorly paid and dange-
rous jobs on fishing boats to the hungry ones who hope to get
out of their infernal misery… yet, an other dream.

(this is the best translation I got for my thoughts
… hope it is clear)

Man is greedy and self serving.

It is very sad but nothing will really change. Eventually the planet will be expended and a new home will have to be found, but thankfully I wont be around to see it.

All too true!

A good handful of folk I have spoken to in the past few weeks when talking about looking after the natural world and its loss of habitat, thus endangering wildlife, have said the same thing. That the human population is too big.........and something needs reduce it!

A discussion point with controversy for sure but there are ways to mitigate for this damage that are in the short/medium term less dramatic or drastic. But no government has this cojones to make such nature friendly decisions. They (the elected) never seem to think beyond the current & next parliament ~ too b***dy short term when it comes to the needed generational thinking & planning!!!

All too true!

But no government has this cojones to make such nature friendly decisions. They (the elected) never seem to think beyond their next paycheck

Career politicians = Greed. Only interested in keeoing noses in the trough.

All too true!

A good handful of folk I have spoken to in the past few weeks when talking about looking after the natural world and its loss of habitat, thus endangering wildlife, have said the same thing. That the human population is too big.........and something needs reduce it!

A discussion point with controversy for sure but there are ways to mitigate for this damage that are in the short/medium term less dramatic or drastic. But no government has this cojones to make such nature friendly decisions
. They (the elected) never seem to think beyond the current & next parliament ~ too b***dy short term when it comes to the needed generational thinking & planning!!!
Not strictly true. Both the Chinese and Indian government have had population reduction programs. Not saying I recommend either of them.
However, don't fret about it, the coming World Resources War will sort all this out and ants will rule in the New Insect Era.

I'm beginning to side with the "life's too short" brigade and agree with those that that view all the resources we waste, as ours to waste.
Life will continue and mutate, but it might not be as cute a form as those critters we have been wiping out over the last century or so :)

All too true!

A by product of the peace process is that, there are more of us left on the planet. In the first half of the last century we had two world wars that took the lives of over 75 million people, in the years before that our ability to heal was greatly reduced. It's a fact of life that our strive for world peace and the advances in medical science have left us an over populated planet. Those people need to live somewhere and eat something. The utopia doesn't actually exist, because it tips the balance too far in one direction.

Back