Critique Various shots for enjoyment/feedback

Edit My Images
Yes
Good Afternoon/Morning all!

Recently went down south to Portsmouth for a few days, which gave me another great chance to learn new things about my camera (the main one being you can manually focus things! yes I am that much of a newbie with this camera (its the outer ring on the lens on my 750d for anyone too embarrassed to ask).

These are some of my favorites but feel free to look at Flickr album to find others, as I'm still not sure what makes a good photograph and didn't want to put a large amount in a random thread.

As always constructive feedback is welcomed.

IMG_0456 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0159 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0251 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0252 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0242 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0482 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0394 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0362 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.
Tom

I remember ta,ing photos of the Audi and Ford when they were doing there day job so to speak. It kind of makes me feel a bit old and nostalgic.

I really like your way of finding interesting angles to shoot things from, it really makes some of the shots for me. For some really basic advice (the only kind i am qualified to give :p) try making sure you keep things level. I don't know what camera you have but mine has a spirit level function, basically a line that tilts as you tilt the camera and goes green only when things are level. See if yours has that, it's so very useful.

There's some very nice and well thought out shots there Tom (y)
it looks like someone spent the church roof fund on something else. :LOL:

Cheers all, the camera is a Canon 750D every time I use it I find something else I didn't know it did and quick google throws up that it doesn't have an electronic level so I will do some reading try a figure out the technique required.

I should be going to Donnington Park in a few weeks for the BTCC so will try my first bit of speed shooting.

Real nice. The shot f the long barrelled weapons being a faveroite of mine but I think it could be better if at the end of the was something other than a fire door. Either a subject or change the angle or crop it out. Really like the one with the pink lighting. Som3 part of a ship.?

Real nice. The shot f the long barrelled weapons being a faveroite of mine but I think it could be better if at the end of the was something other than a fire door. Either a subject or change the angle or crop it out. Really like the one with the pink lighting. Som3 part of a ship.?

Yeah I'm still learning to pick things up like backgrounds and such.

As for the pink one, that is a shot of the Spinker Tower at night from directly below, on different nights it lights up different colours and when a private party is on you can pick the colour apparently.

IMG_0470 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

IMG_0365 by Tom Macintosh, on Flickr

Back