Veg

I like them, I'm experienced with lighting but to me they all look well lit and I like the way the light drops off the boards into the background.

#1 seems a little to tightly cropped on the sides compared to the other two and #2 I feel that the fruit should be in the centre or further to one side (might be slightly OCD!) but I like the lone blueberry.

I like these.
The light looks nice, they're well composed and the colours look natural.

I think the two chillies need to get a room! :eek: :D

I like them, I'm experienced with lighting but to me they all look well lit and I like the way the light drops off the boards into the background.

#1 seems a little to tightly cropped on the sides compared to the other two and #2 I feel that the fruit should be in the centre or further to one side (might be slightly OCD!) but I like the lone blueberry.
Hi Steve. Thanks for the great feedback. Really happy the light looks good. I agree with number one I took it in portrait orientation which I don't usually do. I am glad you liked the lone blueberry I took a shot without it but prefered it this way.

I like these.
The light looks nice, they're well composed and the colours look natural.

I think the two chillies need to get a room! :eek: :D
Cheers for the kind words. It is encouraging for sure. The peppers looked like Aladdins slippers to me :) But I like your way of thinking too !

These look great! What kind of set up did you use if you don't mind sharing?
Hi Andrew. Thanks for the thumbs up. It means a great deal to me as it will encourage me to try more on this type of scene. I don't mind sharing at all it's a compliment to be asked. I am away from home until tomorrow evening. I took a snap of the set up and can upload that if it will help ? The lighting was window diffused with some muslin. Black cards to flag light.
Gaz

Hi Andrew. Thanks for the thumbs up. It means a great deal to me as it will encourage me to try more on this type of scene. I don't mind sharing at all it's a compliment to be asked. I am away from home until tomorrow evening. I took a snap of the set up and can upload that if it will help ? The lighting was window diffused with some muslin. Black cards to flag light.
Gaz
That would be superb! No rush though :)

Ya know, most of the time I just pass by on still life stuff but these really grabbed my attention. I really like the colours and compositions. The light looks absolutely spot on from my perspective. Good stuff.

Ya know, most of the time I just pass by on still life stuff but these really grabbed my attention. I really like the colours and compositions. The light looks absolutely spot on from my perspective. Good stuff.
Hi Ian. Thanks for stopping by and making my day brighter with those words !!!

Gaz

That would be superb! No rush though :)
Hi Andrew. Back home. Took these as I soon forget how I did things unfortunatly !
Lmk if you can't see anyhting.

Gaz
set_up_1.jpg

set_up_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@cargo , we're not sure what's causing it yet, but postimg photos are having a problem displaying through the TP image proxy. The images themselves, while pointing to postimg.org, appear to reside at postimg.io, and changing the URL to this in the img tag (as I've done above) seems to fix the problem.

@cargo , we're not sure what's causing it yet, but postimg photos are having a problem displaying through the TP image proxy. The images themselves, while pointing to postimg.org, appear to reside at postimg.io, and changing the URL to this in the img tag (as I've done above) seems to fix the problem.
Not sure I follow but when I post again I shall try and do as you have done.
Thanks for the quick response.

Gaz

The link you posted in the [IMG] tag:
[IMG]https://s22.postimg.org/7azrtfn1d/set_up_1.jpg[/IMG]
should be edited to:
[IMG]https://s22.postimg.io/7azrtfn1d/set_up_1.jpg[/IMG]
before you click reply.

HTH (y)

The link you posted in the [IMG] tag:
[IMG]https://s22.postimg.org/7azrtfn1d/set_up_1.jpg[/IMG]
should be edited to:
[IMG]https://s22.postimg.io/7azrtfn1d/set_up_1.jpg[/IMG]