Non UK Venice Pre Wedding Photography

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,
I will be travelling to Venice for a pre shoot in September this year.

I was wondering if anyone has traveled to Venice, or done a shoot there and whether you can share any tips, idea and locations within Venice City.

Any information will be much appreciated.

Kind regards
KD.

You don't ask for much do you?

Head for the quieter areas around Cannareggio/Ghetto. There'll be less??? tourists there and still very picturesque.

At a pinch the square near the Accedemia bridge tends to be quiet but has more impressive buildings there

I did my friends wedding in Venice a few years ago. They got married in the Town Hall, with very nice views from the balcony, looking back along the Grand Canal to the Rialto Bridge. After the ceremony my friends and I went to find a Gondola as they wanted pics in one. A €70 ride suddenly became a €250 :eek: because of the wedding dress. :mad: :rolleyes: After the 3rd rip off ba...., Gondolier, they settled and paid €150.

Whilst we were doing the pics on the Gondola, the rest of the family and friends went to Burano, where we met them and took more pics of the couple with the colourful buildings.

Where I have seen people get wedding/couple pics is along the quayside in front of St Mark's Square very early in the morning to try and avoid the crowds. September could be the good time for early mornings, as sunrise is close to 7am, giving an hour or so before it gets too busy. The Gondolas and/or San Giorgio Maggiore make a nice background. Or pics from San Giorgio Maggiore with St Mark's in the background, though you will need a telephoto lens to compress the background and make it appear a reasonable size in comparison to the couple.

There are many quiet canals you can visit throughout the day if you get away from the Rialto Bridge and St Mark's Square tourist magnets. ;)

If you have never been to Venice before, and want to maximise the time there, try to find as many pics as possible to see if there are any specific locations that appeal, and try and find there locations on a map.

One that has just popped into my mind, and a pic I saw in a Photography shop, was a pic on the staircase of the Scala Contarini del Bovolo looking through the 'window' towards the bell tower in St Mark's Square. A couple there with that background could be very nice. I think this has only recently reopened after being closed for many years and is hidden from the normal tourists routes, so not many people, and has not been done to death imho. I went on a day it was shut a couple of months ago, and forgot to go back. :( :rolleyes: A reason to go back to Venice for me. ;) :LOL:

If there are any questions, just ask, I've been to Venice about half a dozen times now, and if I can answer I will, and if I can't, somebody else may be able to. :)

Back