Beginner Venice

Sorry. Not at all keen on the editing.

Venice is a beautiful place, I have to agree the processing is really not for me either!
It reminds me of one of the instagram filters so many used years back, can't remember the name now

Very little wrong with the image but the processing needs to be totally binned. Weak, pale, exaggerated colours don't bring the beauty of Venice to mind.

Too much saturation, pull back on the colours as it's not needed.
The composition is good, foreground interest with the gondola coming into the scene, the tip taking the eye to the house with flowers on the balcony. It's just overcooked on the colours which distracts from looking around the image, too easy to dismiss.

Burano is where to go if you want houses that colour ;)

Last edited:
Yeah but............

That green water is attractive, and the pale buildings are haunting................

Deliberate or not, there is something that makes me look again and again..........

Would love to have a go at processing, but the lady says No!

Mj

Last edited:
Hi all thanks for the feedback...yes it was deliberate. ...can I change it to yes....For the processing and how???

Hi all thanks for the feedback...yes it was deliberate. ...can I change it to yes....For the processing and how???

Go in to your profile, click personal details I think it is, scroll down and under where you type your name is the edit image box :)

A pleasant composition, but the jelly bean colours are too distracting. It should be a relatively easy fix with the original, turn down the saturation and vibrancy, and neutralise the clarity slider.

Back