Venus 60mm 2:1 macro lens

I was looking at this lens online the other day when it came up in a search, really tempted to get one but it will have to wait :(

Awesome shots Kurt :)

Straight bracket - C Bracket - Ball head - Yongnuo 560EXIII triggered by rf-603 (not shown in image)

Right! How did I forget that you weren't using a Canon 100mm with mount ring! Only that lens has mount ring :D

I was looking at this lens online the other day when it came up in a search, really tempted to get one but it will have to wait :(

Awesome shots Kurt :)

Thanks, Neil. Just make sure you know what it's like to have very dim viewfinder. Simulate by using the DOF preview button.

Wonderful shots Kurt light is spot on as always
the new lens looks like it could be a great bit of kit being able to go to 2:1 with no messing
does no auto aperture mean that you set the aperture on the lens and use the camera in manual and vary the shutter speed?

Right! How did I forget that you weren't using a Canon 100mm with mount ring! Only that lens has mount ring :D

Thanks, Neil. Just make sure you know what it's like to have very dim viewfinder. Simulate by using the DOF preview button.

I won't be getting one anytime soon Kurt, need much more practice with the equipment I have before I'm ready to take the jump.

Wonderful shots Kurt light is spot on as always
the new lens looks like it could be a great bit of kit being able to go to 2:1 with no messing
does no auto aperture mean that you set the aperture on the lens and use the camera in manual and vary the shutter speed?

Thanks, Pete. Yes, F11 at all times if shooting full flash, and leave it all to ETTL, and flash exposure compensation to fine tune a little. When shooting with natural light though, Av mode, mostly but not always F11, and let the camera decides the exposure time. Tripod whenever possible.

Hi Kurt,

Got the Meike mk-cup works good on this mornings test but when you add a 1.4x TC the aperture control goes out the window says f1.0 and flashes the actual f number so will see if I can get it to work or it will be assigned to the other lenses rather than kit.

;)

I think these b@stards are at it. Ordered mine on 9 February and was told it would take up to 14 days. Emailed them a couple of days ago because I hadn't received a dispatch notice or tracking details etc. I received this reply. It appears the effin thing ain't even made yet.

"Hi Sir,

Sorry for our late reply.

We are under a bit of a tight stock currently and we apologize for the delays of shipments. Production has been planned to start right after the Chinese New Year holiday.

Your shipment will be shipped immediately once the factory returned to operation.

Sorry for all inconvenience caused.

Kevin"

Have patients dear man, it will be worth it in the end.

Have patients dear man, it will be worth it in the end.

I don't like getting ripped off or dicked about. There was no mention of stock issued when they got my £250.

I don't like getting ripped off or dicked about. There was no mention of stock issued when they got my £250.

Yeah its not nince, a little note before they take your money would have been good.

From Ebay. (Seller is imake842).

Order placed Feb 4th, despatched Feb 5th, arrived Feb 21st.

Yeh, so the guts of 3 weeks, plus I've Chinese New Year to contend with. I'll give em another 10 days or so then a PayPal dispute will be raised.

Right, a strongly worded email has been sent to these time wasters and it looks like I'll perhaps be going through a PayPal dispute to get a refund. Even if the lens does arrive soon, I'll not be buying from these clowns again.

Back