Venus Lens at 2:1

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
The Venus Lens:

Below are 3 images where the Venus is set to it's maximum magnification (twice life size, or 2:1) and each of these were processed in Lightroom using only that programme's "Auto" process button which set the sliders to where it thinks they should be. This doesn't alter the clarity slider, which I use during my normal editing. Other than that, they are just resized and sharpened for the web using an action by Steve Perry.

All 3 were at around f/11, 1/250sec, ISO 100, ringflash on the front of the lens. Working distance from end of lens was about 2 inches I suppose.

The first is a One Pound coin, the second is a car indicator lamp showing the filament, which I measured as being four millimetres across, and the third is the Queen's eye on a Ten Pound note (be aware, I couldn't get the money totally straight at the edge as I had it in clothe pegs to try and keep it upright, but it wasn't quite level with the focal plane across the whole view, and at this magnification, even a millimetre out would mean a loss of focus/sharpness.

Paul.

My lens is in the UK..... arrived yesterday.... wooo and I'm at home next week oncall. :D yay yay and yay.

Back