Critique Venus out for a play :)

OH,those are incredible good,not only great detail,but,brilliant BG. You must be very good at what you do.(y)

May I ask how close actually are to the subject?

Very nice Bryn. The second spider is great with the thread. Seem to of seen a lot of these green ones this year personally. Last dagger fly is best of the three of it for me.

Thanks Chris much appreciated... #4 is my fav dagger shot.. I did struggle with focus and things weren't turning out right using f11 so stuck to my fav setting of f8 for this.

Lovely sharp shots Bryn, the Orb spider is my favourite, well lit, Good job!

Thank you mate... ;)

OH,those are incredible good,not only great detail,but,brilliant BG. You must be very good at what you do.(y)

I will let you be the judge of that... I enjoy what I do so that is all I need. Thanks for the kind comment it is very encouraging and pleasing to here.

May I ask how close actually are to the subject?

2 inches is MFD :D

20150416_091653
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6???? Guess you not meaning the camera shot but #5 ;)

He he. Well spotted. Yes, you guess right. :)(Jolly useful camera shot though. I hadn't realised how close you have to get for your 2:1. It makes me appreciate the Raynox 250's 2.4:1 at 4 inches on the FZ200, and the Raynox 150's 1.5:1 at 6 inches.)

Wonderful detail and lighting Bryn

He he. Well spotted. Yes, you guess right. :)(Jolly useful camera shot though. I hadn't realised how close you have to get for your 2:1. It makes me appreciate the Raynox 250's 2.4:1 at 4 inches on the FZ200, and the Raynox 150's 1.5:1 at 6 inches.)

Interesting... need to try the raynox's again not seen light of day for a while though the 250 is a great partner for my camcorder :D

Wonderful detail and lighting Bryn

Thanks Alf much appreciate the comment... your coming out with some real crackers too currently.

Interesting... need to try the raynox's again not seen light of day for a while.

To avoid disappointment as to magnification ... remember that although the working distance is likely to be similar to what I'm getting, the magnification probably won't be, depending on the focal length of what you have the Raynox mounted on. On the FZ200 I have it on a lens that goes out to 600mm equivalent. I get less magnification with the Raynoxes on the 45-175 (max 350mm equivalent) on the G3 and the 55-250 (max 400mm equivalent) on the 70D.

Dont make his head BIGGER than it is already.....Geez :D

Nice shots Bryn, i`ll go with the Green orb being the better of the lot.

Excellent shots Bryn. Those Venus lenses are rather exceptional. You and Paul have produced some awesome images. Must admit, I'm going to refrain from buying one as I have my 100L :)

Excellent shots Bryn. Those Venus lenses are rather exceptional. You and Paul have produced some awesome images. Must admit, I'm going to refrain from buying one as I have my 100L :)

Lol.... does Paul ever use his 100mm any more ??? :D get yourself one (y)

hahah nah mate, just spent £1400 on a new bike... methinks photography kit purchases will have to take a back burner for a little while. ;)

Last edited:
Back