Versilia

Sil

Name
Silvano
Edit My Images
No
Versilia Tuscany Italy

9r3ICTu.jpg

It is full of mood & drama, but the image also looks very strange where ever there's fine detail in the spray and in areas of sharply changing tone, making it look artificial to me. Perhaps it's just an artifact from over-compressing as a jpg - I noticed this in the last image you poste too, Silvano, but the effect was less intrusive in that picture becoause of the muted colours. This issue just breaks the image for me.

I quite like the painterly effect, for me the processing suits the mood and makes for a very sublime image

Reactions: JPL
I quite like the painterly effect, for me the processing suits the mood and makes for a very sublime image

I think if it were more painterly then I'd happily go with it - I certainly like a softer image with my own photos sometimes - but this doesn't do that for me.

It certainly has impact but the light patch in the centre is drawing me away from the action and the whole image just looks too processed. It would be interesting to see what the original file looks like as the timing of the shot is great and the triangle of white water leading to the sky scraper is excellent.

Reactions: Sil
It certainly has impact but the light patch in the centre is drawing me away from the action and the whole image just looks too processed. It would be interesting to see what the original file looks like as the timing of the shot is great and the triangle of white water leading to the sky scraper is excellent.

Thank wookie ...thanks to the excellent analysis ...: -)

Lovely shot with great mood

Back