Victorian Landscapes

The colours look way to unrealistic for me, sorry - though this is my personal feelings and no doubt you will get much more positive comments.
Composition looks great though, except for the 2nd image, looks quite flat and my eyes aren't drawn or following anywhere in particular.

Can we see a less processed set, please? :) (just for comparison)

My biggest issue with the processing, would be the first image, just saturated too much - HDR method?
The third image, the rocks in the foreground are lit up really brightly, but the rocks a little further away are quite dark, so it doesn't look right - they all look pretty though, so please dont' take offence at my comments, I am just one opinion and these are my personal take on what Im seeing. They're better than what I can do, so its more of a taste than a technical thing.

Got to agree with Carl on the OTT colour saturation/vibrancy, but the compositions are good. I'd have preferred to see a little more foreground and a little less sky in the first one - sacrificing the top third of the tree on the left, but that sort of balance is always a personal choice and not everyone likes chopping a strong visual element off with the top of the frame.

#3 and 4 good composition but OTT on processing. As Carl said, would be good to see originals for comparison.
#1 Take it the grey blob left hand side is the sun with the rays coming out. First thing the eyes are drawn to and not good. Overall this shot could be made to work if toned down a bit.

Thanks for the CC guys. I can agree with the the OTT adjustments on #1, it was something I was playing around with to get somthing out of an image taken under some difficult lighting. The others I was testing out a 10 stop filter & the main areas I concentrated on the processing was the sky by using a grad filter effect in Lightroom & some processing of detail in NIK. Thanks again for your input.

2 and 4 are my favourites.

2 has a the feel of a painting and I like the viewpoint and composition of 4 as you can really appreciate the scale.

3 is a bit over done for my liking

1 looks like a cracking viewpoint but the processing is off the richter scale ;) It reminds me slightly of the airbrushed pictures you see on American trucks.

Back