View as slideshow in win xp not working

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone tell me why my VIEW AS SLIDESHOW option isnt working in windows xp?

I have set the folder of pics to SHOW COMMON TASKS.. and all the other tasks work....print, make cd, etc etc... except when I press the view slideshow button.. absolutely nothing happens.

if you select all the images with shift key and then select view slideshow does it work>

Can anyone tell me why my VIEW AS SLIDESHOW option isnt working in windows xp?

I have set the folder of pics to SHOW COMMON TASKS.. and all the other tasks work....print, make cd, etc etc... except when I press the view slideshow button.. absolutely nothing happens.

Are you trying to veiw RAW files as a slide show?
and has it worked in the past?I can't open RAW files in XP as yet there is no option for my canon RAW.

Are you trying to veiw RAW files as a slide show?
and has it worked in the past?I can't open RAW files in XP as yet there is no option for my canon RAW.

no its a folder full of jpgs or a folder full of tiffs
sure it used to work. :shrug:

no its a folder full of jpgs or a folder full of tiffs
sure it used to work. :shrug:

Its gotta be a simple setting somewhere on the folder :shrug:
Right click folder > proprties> customise> from the drop down menu select >photo album if that don't work then I am outta ideas at the moment
:thinking:

played with this all weekend, couldnt get it to not work, but Karens idea sounds ace, try that one janice!

:bang:
I saw this thread title and thought 'great someones gonna come up with the answer' cos I've had that prob before and its still bugging me.
Come on someone, let us know :D

changing the folder name does the trick for me... you can even rename it right back and it still works

Deleting the thumbnail cache file and let it rebuild should also get it working

The file is called thumbs.db and will be in each and every one of the folders that you have viewed thumbnails in. It's a hidden file so you may have to go to Tools>Folder Options>View and select show hidden files and folders.

Next time you enter the folder and click view>thumbnails it will rebuild the cache

Back