View focus point(s) CanonDPP 5

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I have just updated my version of Canon DPP for processing Canon raw files to DPP 5 for use with my Canon 600D camera. I am sure I used to be able to view the focus point I had used in an older version of DPP by pressing Alt & J Windows PC. now I cannot seem to be able to do that. Am I missing something ?

jannyfox, thank you for the reply, there's nothing in the View menu & Alt L does not show the focus point. I have been using the Canon 50mm 1.8 lens, think I will try a different lens and see what happens.

The lens has nothing to do with the menu options. I don't see any focus point displayed if I've used manual focus, but the menu option is still there. You are looking at the module that shows the full size image, not the thumbnails, as the menus are different? Otherwise, sorry, I don't know. I'm using version 3, but as far as I know the feature hasn't been removed, but I confess I virtually never use DPP so I'm no expert with it.

Harriers9, you are correct my mistake,it is Rawtherapee that's version 5 which I downloaded to try. I have DPP 4.5.20, . I can view the focus points in DPP but none are highlighted to confirm which point was used.

Did you use autofocus? If your lens was in manual focus, as mine always is when doing landscape, nothing will be highlighted. It doesn't matter that I've used autofocus before switching the lens to manual to lock the focus, the fact that no focus point was active when the shutter fired means nothing is highlighted.

Hi All, I have taken a another photo and all the focus are showing with the point I used highlighted in red, so everything seems to be working as it should. Have not got a clue what the problem is with the other photos. All well that ends well. Thank you all for your help/advice.

Back