view from catbells

There is a grey vail over this spectacular shot of yours…
as I opened in my RAW converter, I see that you highest
value is at 216/255 but the lower ones are ok. The unset
DRL is responsible for the apparent lack of micro contrast
and saturation.
See PM!

There is a grey vail over this spectacular shot of yours…
as I opened in my RAW converter, I see that you highest
value is at 216/255 but the lower ones are ok. The unset
DRL is responsible for the apparent lack of micro contrast
and saturation.
See PM!

It's a lovely shot. Nice diagonals and lines taking you in. I also think we should possibly respect that Dave doesn't want his images editing.

Thanks guys
@Kodiak Qc thanks for the pm but I think the image you sent loses some of the atmosphere in the shot.
No offence mate

Thanks guys
@Kodiak Qc thanks for the pm but I think the image you sent loses some of the atmosphere in the shot.
No offence mate
I'm guessing that contrast was added in the edit. Something which this shot doesn't need . As you say, there is a mood there of slight softness, maybe softness is the wrong word as that implies it's out of focus, but you know what I mean. Contrast, it does not need!

Great shot, I really like the mood and the light. Looks like you might have got wet getting down!

diagonal interest with a hint of aerial perspective in full daylight
its one i would have loved to witness
bet you have more
cheers
geof

Fantastic atmosphere, just like being there.
Perhaps Kodiak should come here to the UK to experience the light we get, it doesn't always look like something from a processing tutorial ;)

Not Marmite at all for me, I think it's a cracker. Very atmospheric.

"Cracking shot Dave, love the tones, the clouds, the light, and the comp'.(y)

George.

Quite like this. Like the sense of depth, variance of colours, dark and light spots. What's it like in B&W with some boosted contrast? :)

Colours are fantastic, not sure on the processing to the clouds though? looks like the whites have been pulled down too far to me. The little puffs of clouds centre left and right look fine.

Great shot Dave. The clouds hiding clear sky and the tones really make the shot.

I agree with Delta that a black and white version would be good to have in the portfolio (y)

Great shot Dave. The clouds hiding clear sky and the tones really make the shot.

I agree with Delta that a black and white version would be good to have in the portfolio (y)
:agree:

Very nice Dave, there are some spectacular views in that direction when the conditions are good. I think you could perhaps tweak this for a little more impact, but you've done a good job as it is!

Back