View from Mt Kinabalu

Name
Daron
Edit My Images
Yes
This is a view from near the top of Mt Kinabalu in Borneo, taken in the early morning.

I was quite lucky to get any shots as my camera had a good soaking on the way up!

It's a great mountain to climb especially in fine weather;), the position of this shot is very close to Lowes Gully where some of our soldiers got lost!!

.........and I shall now include the picture!!!!!!!!!!!!
101_0179_for.jpg
[/IMG]

About a decade ago the Wife and I had the option to climb this mountain whilst on our hols.
Still cant decide if it was a good decision or not. Regrets.

Not sure about the shot though it doesnt tell me that you are on a mountain, just there's a tree with moss and some distant landscape.

Bet it helps you remember tho ... and thats what counts

I'm really glad to have done the climb, not rubbing it in, honestly;)

I see what you mean about the view, although those bumps you can see below the cloud are actually smaller surrounding mountains !

Its an interesting shot - somewhat surreal. I can't help wondering what PP you've done to it and whether it could be better. But as for composition, I think its great.

Like that a lot, nice one :)

Its an interesting shot - somewhat surreal. I can't help wondering what PP you've done to it and whether it could be better. But as for composition, I think its great.

Thank for your comments.

I'm still quite new to Photoshop so I used the quick fix area to darken highlights, as the sky was washed out, increase saturation & sharpen.

I have wondered if I should be bothering with the quick fix instead of standard edit but it is very easy to use the sliders & watch the results, whereas the sharpening parameters in particular are a bit of a mystery!

Do you think results from standard edit are better?

I like it.. its a shame the vis is not better.. Very nice...

All it needs is a heron on the dead tree to look like a chinese painting, I like it :)

Excellent shot. Like the composition and colours. Gives me a fresh, vibrant feeling looking at it. Not sure that makes much sense but I know what I mean :)
Great view (y)

I'm glad to hear that you like it, I'm very fond of it, especially the eerie lichen/moss which was on all the branches up there.

I have an A4 of it on my wall!

Back