View from the Palladian Bridge

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Lovely trip to Stowe for Bank Holiday!

This was shot from the Palladian bridge. Two exposures combined in HDR Efex - one for the stone and the other for the landscape.

p1155441284-6.jpg

Camera make:Canon
Camera model:Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
Focal length:35 mm
Max lens aperture:f/2
Flash:Not fired
Exposure mode:Auto bracket
Exposure prog.:Aperture priority
ISO speed:ISO 400
Metering mode:Pattern

Lovely photo and colours! Just my opinion of course, but I would have thought you'd have gone for the 'landscape' as your main point of focus? Totally subjective though.. doesn't take away from the photo itself. :)

The inside edge of the arch has a very slight halo, especially on the lhs.
Other than that and the text across the middle it's a very nice image.

Lovely photo and colours! Just my opinion of course, but I would have thought you'd have gone for the 'landscape' as your main point of focus? Totally subjective though.. doesn't take away from the photo itself. :)

Many thanks - I thought the focus on the brickwork was a novel take on the scene.

The inside edge of the arch has a very slight halo, especially on the lhs.
Other than that and the text across the middle it's a very nice image.

Yes - always tricky to avoid halos with an hdr - I'll shift that watermark as it is annoying!

I would perspective correct it, so that the sides of the arch are parallel.

If you were on a tripod & HDR/combining images, could you have re-focussed to put the landscape in focus too?

Nice take on a place that *looks* like it should give wonderful pics, but is really hard to do justice.

If you were on a tripod & HDR/combining images, could you have re-focussed to put the landscape in focus too?

Nice take on a place that *looks* like it should give wonderful pics, but is really hard to do justice.

I could have simply stopped down a bit but I wanted the blurry background. Agree about it being hard to do it justice - some places work better when you are looking round than in a photo.

To avoid HiJacking someone else's thread, I have posted a couple of shots of my own take on this subject on this thread

Back