View from the top of Pule Hill near Marsden

Name
Tilly
Edit My Images
Yes
A shot I took while out for a walk with my wife and kids last week. It's not of anything special it's just the view from the top of the hill we'd walked up so I could take a picture of poem carved into a stone that my wife wanted for something she's doing at school.
View from Pule Hill by Craig Tillotson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment Andy, I see what you mean about the sharpness. It's strange, it looks different when viewed in Affinity Photo to how it looks in Windows photo viewer and on here. I'll have to look into it

I've replaced the original image with a re-exported version as I discovered that's what the problem was. Having switched to a new monitor I needed to change the settings I was using to export pictures in Affinity Photo

I did lighten the shadows a bit, I'll have another look at it when I get chance

Thanks Andy, I do like the image the way it is and probably won't change it. I do always like to try what people suggest though just incase I like the changes

I don't disagree that if you are taking photos for yourself it doesn't really matter what other people think.

My view, for what it is worth is that the shadows seem to have been lifted too much. For me this means that you are left with no real contrast in the scene so it looks a little HDR-ish in that the highlights and the shadows almost seem to be the same brightness.

I'm gonna have another look at this image tomorrow, haven't had time thus evening. I'll post it when it's done so you can see if it's an improvement. Thanks for the comments on the shot guys they are all appreciated

Back