vinyl car stickers

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone tried printing their own? Any recommendations for media, etc?

This is really just a personal project for now. Car looks truly awful now so why not stick something fun or promotional on it in a few places? The choice on ebay is not that great for designs and sizes.

I've done a fair few vinyl graphics for vehicles.
My go to media is Oracle 651 self adhesive vinyl which works really well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a side thought?

I recall reading some few years back that such stickers, especially if "promotional' ones, are viewed as body modifications by the motor insurance industry i.e. if you do what you are planning and don't tell them you could be in the brown stuff if/when you make a claim???

Just a side thought?

I recall reading some few years back that such stickers, especially if "promotional' ones, are viewed as body modifications by the motor insurance industry i.e. if you do what you are planning and don't tell them you could be in the brown stuff if/when you make a claim???

I no longer care what these scammers might think. This would actually be one of the stickers, no joke.

It also advertises the possibility of nickable camera gear in the vehicle

I no longer care what these scammers might think. This would actually be one of the stickers, no joke.

Your choice......but such a choice if the worst does happen don't be surprised if you end up out of pocket and even with points on your license (technically being caught driving with invalid/voided insurance)???

You might care if you write off your car and need to claim ;)
It also advertises the possibility of nickable camera gear in the vehicle
Exactly, if the car & contents were exposed to undeclared increased risk!

Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure

You might care if you write off your car and need to claim ;)

The scum pretty much has done so and Aviva only made my life worse. They are 100% no use of and as such can f*** off. In practice the policy is 3rd party, no fire, no theft in the best case.

Last edited:
I would hope & expect my insurer to make a claim against such an uninsured party.........?

They don't give a damn thing about third party, won't investigate and will charge you excess that you are then free to try to claim back via courts. 100% useless. I refuse to pay that and play by their rules any further.

It is my car, so I will stick whatever I fancy and whatever is legal on it.

I would hope & expect my insurer to make a claim against such an uninsured party.........?

Yeah that's not how insurance works :) If your vehicle is damaged by an uninsured driver then you get the money from the Motor Insurance Bureau (who probably like to be called the MIB).

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/what-we-do/

The MIB in turn get it by levying all insurers. So people who pay insurance pay for uninsured drivers. BBC estimates the cost at about £15 per policy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41071484

The reason of course is that this works out much cheaper than suing people who don't have insurance. If they don't have insurance then they may not have sufficient assets to cover the claim plus legal fees.

So everybody wins. Except law abiding motorists, obvs.

A few years ago some insurance companies would not insure you if you had more than 3 'mods'. Each sticker was 1 mod. They no longer apply that rule but insist on all 'mods' being declared.

It may be your car but you have to insure it and not answering questions about mods correctly can void insurance.

A few years ago some insurance companies would not insure you if you had more than 3 'mods'. Each sticker was 1 mod. They no longer apply that rule but insist on all 'mods' being declared.

It may be your car but you have to insure it and not answering questions about mods correctly can void insurance.

Well 3 is probably as many as I may do anyway, not that I care about thieving scammers called Aviva

Probably I will apply the highway maintenance makeup as well. Maybe drunk idiots will then see my car more clearly.

Last edited:
Well 3 is probably as many as I may do anyway, not that I care about thieving scammers called Aviva

Probably I will apply the highway maintenance makeup as well. Maybe drunk idiots will then see my car more clearly.

But would you care about the 6 points you could end up with?

When we were running racing cars and having to produce stickers on a regular basis (different drivers / sponsors or damage repairs) we bought a small vinyl cutter - a Silhouette Cameo. This was sufficient to do long sections in 30cm strips. If large sections of bodywork needed covering this was generally done by hand with wrapping vinyl, with logos stuck over the top using the Silhouette cutter - the latter was easy to use and would trace a JPG image.

Bought machine and sign vinyl from https://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/default.aspx

I most recently used it to recreate some faded stripes on my motorhome - stuck A3 paper on side of motorhome - traced around that with pencil to find edge, scanned it and tidied it up with the curved pen tool in photoshop, then cut it out onto vinyl.

But would you care about the 6 points you could end up with?

Scum crashed into my parked car, neighbour wrote down their reg. Police won't investigate. Zero points. Shall I continue? We live in a lawless society where only twitter comments are investigated. That's the sticker no 2 by the way.

Dont count on it, I stopped at a crash of one of those cone laying lorries a while back, it had the usual orange flashing lights, 4 great big yellow flashing spotlight things facing backwards, a lit up arrow to pass it on the right and the usual reflective stripes. A lorry drove right up the back of it, luckly the bloke putting out the cones jumped clear. Two dead lorries though, and a closed road.

Back