Virgina Water (Falls)

R

RobbieW

Why do we still have a hose pipe ban in this area?

These were ones I took earlier, no post processing just a little crop....

Virgina_Water_01.jpg

Virgina_Water_02.jpg

Comments welcome... especially any ideas for post processing.

Rather like the first one Rob ... great contrast and nice effect on the water movement ... (y)

Second is just a little uninteresting by comparison ... imo of course ... ;)

the two sets of rocks in the first look like a giant robot's legs 'n feet in a sitting pose ... imo anyway ... but then I'm soooo :nuts:

:p

Thank you, I am slowly getting the hang of this photography thing - even if it does mean getting wet!

Thank you, I am slowly getting the hang of this photography thing - even if it does mean getting wet!

Tell me about it :LOL:

Like the first shot, although it does appear a little dark on my monitor. I'm presuming you've processed them as selective colour?

Really well taken Rob - i know that waterfall at Virginia Water well and have thought about taking some shots there myself. Now I've got a benchmark!The one thing I would try and do PP wise is to try and lighten them a bit, try and bring out some contrast in the rocks

First one has a lot more interest. Like the autumn colour leaves.

The long exposure blurry water thing is all a matter of taste. My taste would be for less blur - looks a bit overdone to me.

heres a couple more, again no PP (except changed the last one to black and white and added a Sepia tone)

Virginia_Water_03.jpg

Virginia_Water_04.jpg

First one has a lot more interest. Like the autumn colour leaves.

The long exposure blurry water thing is all a matter of taste. My taste would be for less blur - looks a bit overdone to me.

The problem I had was that it was very dark, in fact I went there to watch the sunset, and as someone pointed out for a sun to set there has to be one. Its was raining and this particular part of Virginia Water is covered with tree's so a longer shutter speed was required.

I may try dropping the ISO next time to 400 to see what happens.

Love that last one, Rob, but for straight out of thebox, #3 (y)

All handheld eh :D

Very good shots and composition.

Thanks.... I notice I am missing something in my postings is it about time I posted a pic under my name?

Yep, gotta be done! And don't forget the hat!

Back