Vixen

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Invested some time waiting for a fox that had been spotted near a friends house. I had hoped it would show up in the evening light but (as usual with wildlife) it had other ideas :)

The sun had dropped low and put the field in shadow - 10 minutes earlier it would have been bathed in glorious dappled evening light.

Only got a few seconds to get the shots as she was off as soon as she rumbled me - 5 hours waiting for 15 seconds of action :)

Vixen by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

DSC_8371 by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Where were you located Dave? sitting outside, or inside by a window?

she looks in good nick, lovely eyes

The light might have gone agains you Dave but those are still two superb shots.

Dave

Good focus,detail and processing Mike. Could have done with the body being as good as the head, but fully understand why you needed to be wide open.

Two very good shots considering the subject and lack of light.

Where were you located Dave? sitting outside, or inside by a window?

she looks in good nick, lovely eyes

I posted a picture on Facebook and a few people thought she had been groomed :)

I was outside hidden in the middle of a bush for 5 hours - I ached all day yesterday after sitting so long.

Camera / lens was on my sturdy tripod and I got low to be at her eye level. I almost missed her as she took me by surprise when she came round the corner of the bush. My movement made her aware of me and I had to be quick.

She has been seen with 2 cubs, but they are now almost the same size as her and have left her now.

Dave.

Good focus,detail and processing Mike.

Mike!!! - I will let you off Andy ;)

I agree about the aperture Ade - the light was dropping off and I didn't want to have to twiddle buttons when she appeared - so set up wide open to give me the best chance of good ISO.

I did manage to move to 4.5 for the second shot and would have gone further is she had given me the chance.

Last edited:
Two "Excellent" shots Dave, not much more I can say.(y)

George.

Mike!!! - I will let you off Andy ;)

I agree about the aperture Ade - the light was dropping off and I didn't want to have to twiddle buttons when she appeared - so set up wide open to give me the best chance of good ISO.

I did manage to move to 4.5 for the second shot and would have gone further is she had given me the chance.
Ooooops, sorry Dave...............*Ade punches self in the face*

The 5 hours of waiting and all the aching the day after were well worth it as far as I'm concerned. Two super shots.

Lovely Dave and worth the wait I'm sure I have nothing up close but hoping to get some soon, as keep seeing a fox in same area on exmoor and when lookin for him last weekend I nearly trod on a badger in broad daylight I'm not sure who was more surprised me or the badger and wow they can't half run when surprised !

Thanks for the great comments - much appreciated :)

I have had some large prints done for my friend that let me know about the fox and a couple of his neighbours who showed an interest in the "nutter sat in the bush" :D

Dave.

Back