Beginner Volvo Amazon 133GT

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
Shot I took from a few weeks back at a show.

Please be gentle only been shooting cars for about 10 months! Any tips welcome

See below before and after. Apologies also for low res
c7c23bb969e7c81a7bebe9172fef2ddd.jpg
664f0073dea91b5ee0728a871cec0402.jpg

Version #2 so much better but not for losing the geezer at the back but for lightening up the rear wing to be a more matching red to the rest. The only catch with that is that the door now looks a touch brighter than the rest so the owner will not be happy with the respray job. Oh, and I think it is leaning low a bit too much on the left side but :clap::clap::clap: for getting low down for angle of view ... only if I could get up from low down :dummy:

Version #2 so much better but not for losing the geezer at the back but for lightening up the rear wing to be a more matching red to the rest. The only catch with that is that the door now looks a touch brighter than the rest so the owner will not be happy with the respray job. Oh, and I think it is leaning low a bit too much on the left side but :clap::clap::clap: for getting low down for angle of view ... only if I could get up from low down :dummy:
Yes I hate the fact the door now looks like a bodge job haha! It took me forever to get rid of the guy and repaint the bench back in but I think without pixel peeping I did a fairly good job! [emoji23] For this shot I was laying on my belly on the grass and pointing slightly up. I find this angle to be interesting as you would never see a car from this perspective walking a found a car show unless you were doing a seal impression like me! Thanks for the comments. I am still learning alot in the way of cloning out objectives to make backgrounds less intrusive and cleaning up the body work. But I think I'm making good progress :)

This is always the issue with car shows, and one of the reasons I don't really take so many at static shows any more. It's nice that people are interested in the cars, but if you could all just shift out of the way while I take a photo, that'd be great thanks. I think you've done well if you've cloned background-guy out - my cloning is usually obvious to anyone.

This is always the issue with car shows, and one of the reasons I don't really take so many at static shows any more. It's nice that people are interested in the cars, but if you could all just shift out of the way while I take a photo, that'd be great thanks. I think you've done well if you've cloned background-guy out - my cloning is usually obvious to anyone.
Thanks! :)
Yeah I know what you mean. I find it increasingly more annoying that people tend to get in the way on purpose when they see you crouched down now too which I don't like. I'm wanting to move away from cars show and try and take the owners aside to a 1 on 1 shoot but I can never seem to get anything organised. Not even wanting money from it either haha! But I'm still new to it. I found cloning hard to begin with but I'm slowly getting there.

Oh, I couldn't say I've run into people standing in the way on purpose, but then I mainly go to classic car shows. What I do find annoying and puzzling is when the car owners set out their deckchairs and picnics around the back of the car, ruining the background, or even worse, around the front of the car blocking the view completely. You'd think that people who've taken their car to a show (and I'm one) would do their best to let people see it.

Oh, I couldn't say I've run into people standing in the way on purpose, but then I mainly go to classic car shows. What I do find annoying and puzzling is when the car owners set out their deckchairs and picnics around the back of the car, ruining the background, or even worse, around the front of the car blocking the view completely. You'd think that people who've taken their car to a show (and I'm one) would do their best to let people see it.
I want to start going to more classic and vintage rallies to be honest! You don't get many people at modified car shows setting up camp next to their cars. Depending how they're positioned at the back you may be able to get away with cloning them out. But if they're at the front no chance haha! Unless they want a picture with their car as they eat their sarnies? Who knows. Maybe you should ask them next time you see someone doing it ;) :)

That Volvo looks like it's been lowered. Did you find it in Los Angeles? :LOL: Nice low angle of the photos, well done. I miss my 1963 PV 544.

That Volvo looks like it's been lowered. Did you find it in Los Angeles? [emoji38] Nice low angle of the photos, well done. I miss my 1963 PV 544.
Haha yeah it has been lowered it's on airride. It was just from a local show here in the UK :) thank you! Appreciate the kind words!

Back