VSCC at Cadwell Park 2015

I like 4 but 3 would have been my favourite, except for the marker post.

Nice work, love No5.
I like Cadwell, but it's never easy with the posts in panning shots, especially at the corners prior to "the Mountain"

Thanks Mike.

Thank you...I like Cadwell, the posts are part of the track, so I see no problem in including one in a photo
You are aware that the posts are temporary, and removed for the motorcycle events?

I assume by"posts" you mean the "floppies" that are used to encourage car drivers not to cut the corners. Mr Palmer is very keen that drivers don't damage his grass. He even turned up at the meeting to ensure we didn't;)

I like these, I think they illustrate the fact that the VSCC is about using old cars not pampering them. And some of these do look well used.

I assume by"posts" you mean the "floppies" that are used to encourage car drivers not to cut the corners. Mr Palmer is very keen that drivers don't damage his grass. He even turned up at the meeting to ensure we didn't;)
Thats it, most circuits use them, cars should keep to the black stuff when racing, but its not always the case.

I like these, I think they illustrate the fact that the VSCC is about using old cars not pampering them. And some of these do look well used.
The number 30 car in the 1st photo has a well used look, its the yellow car in the 2nd photo, this might give the wrong impression of the VSCC, all the cars are well maintained and looked after, most were built before 1939.

The number 30 car in the 1st photo has a well used look, its the yellow car in the 2nd photo, this might give the wrong impression of the VSCC, all the cars are well maintained and looked after, most were built before 1939.

4 letters guaranteed to get me looking at a thread - VSCC! Had a very interesting chat with a lady owner/driver of a racing "7" which was broken for the Wiscombe Park VSCC hillclimb. The details escape me now (really crap memory, I'm afraid) but the gist was that the club really exists for people to use their cars as intended rather than keep them sat in museums or private collections. Some are beautifully prepared and polished (the twin rear wheeled MG with its polished Aluminium bodywork for example) while many are totally unrestored and just get a wipe down with an oily rag after a weekend's (ab!)use. Mechanically though, they're all pretty much as good as they can be within the fairly tight regulations - after all, when your brakes are anti-lock because the cables won't let you lock up, you want them to work as best they can, likewise oil-tightness and reliability. Of course, there are some reliability problems but remarkably few!

Wish I could find an affordable Cooper Norton 500 as a toy!

You are aware that the posts are temporary, and removed for the motorcycle events?

I was not aware of that.

Even at motorcycle meetings they are hastily replaced ready for the loonie sidecar outfits (and I'm allowed to call em that cos my brother is one ;)). If they can cut the corner and lift the passenger wheel over the kerbs they will run with the inside wheel off the circuit and just the 2 other wheels on the tarmac.

Like the first two Paul, processing really suits them. #3 would be a great shot too but the post spoils it a bit for me.

Back