VSCC Curborough Speed Trials

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I made my annual trip to Curborough last week, wouldn't miss this one, its a great little place. The first six are with my usual kit, the three in the next post are a bit of an experiment, I'm interested in peoples thoughts on these?

1:: Scene setter

vscc_curborough_2014-105
by D_M_J, on Flickr

2:: In the queue

vscc_curborough_2014-132
by D_M_J, on Flickr

3:: greenery

vscc_curborough_2014-16
by D_M_J, on Flickr

4:: Typical VSCC pose, even with the extra tyres

vscc_curborough_2014-101
by D_M_J, on Flickr

5:: more greenery

vscc_curborough_2014-33
by D_M_J, on Flickr

6:: Returning to the paddock

vscc_curborough_2014-113
by D_M_J, on Flickr

A few more to follow......

Great set love the b&w set, sharp. Saw this place on google maps and wondered when they ran. Have they a website? Cost to get in?

The Bugatti pilot in shot 2 looks sooo smarmy...
OK I'm Very envious... !!! :meh: :indifferent::meh: :indifferent:

Love #4! As you say, typical tail out action.

That MG is a bitch to catch right - so shiny!

Like the B&W film shots apart from the signs of modernity that are in them. I know how hard it is to keep things out of shot though!

Great set love the b&w set, sharp. Saw this place on google maps and wondered when they ran. Have they a website? Cost to get in?

Thanks! I've only ever been for the VSCC event, but there seems to be quite a lot going on there (not sure of a website), I think it was £10 on the gate but I pre-ordered through the club.

The Bugatti pilot in shot 2 looks sooo smarmy...
OK I'm Very envious... !!! :meh: :indifferent::meh: :indifferent:

:D Me too!

Love #4! As you say, typical tail out action.

That MG is a bitch to catch right - so shiny!

Like the B&W film shots apart from the signs of modernity that are in them. I know how hard it is to keep things out of shot though!

Thanks. You're right about the MG, shiny and constantly sideways!
That's my main issue with the b&w film shots, I want to avoid catching the modern elements to get the right look, but I don't want to be getting 'fake' photos. So I'm still a bit undecided, and probably over-thinking it. :)

Cheers,
David

David, modern elements in period type shots are like fencing at zoos, a fact of life. Yes, you could spend ages cloning stuff out but it isn't always worth the effort.

5 for me nice shot
Thanks.

Plenty of great atmosphere in the shots. 1 and 5 are my favourites.
Thank you.

David, modern elements in period type shots are like fencing at zoos, a fact of life. Yes, you could spend ages cloning stuff out but it isn't always worth the effort.
Exactly, and I'm certainly not going to start cloning it out, even if I had the time :D

I love the last two ERA black and white conversions, David! They work so well that it took me a while to even notice the driver's racesuit and boots rather than his cap, and the modern hatchback! :clap:

A good set of images..like 1 & 3.
Thanks Paul.

I love the last two ERA black and white conversions, David! They work so well that it took me a while to even notice the driver's racesuit and boots rather than his cap, and the modern hatchback! :clap:
Thanks! I'm pleased with the look I've got so far from the Holga, really suits the vintage stuff I shoot, best 25 quid I've spent in a long time.

Cheers,
David

Thanks Paul.

Thanks! I'm pleased with the look I've got so far from the Holga, really suits the vintage stuff I shoot, best 25 quid I've spent in a long time.

Cheers,
David

:oops: :$ :eggface: :oops: :$ Oh FFS! I should probably practice my reading instead of just looking at the pictures :banghead:

Anyway, well done! I wondered how you'd done it but in fact you've managed to get film to look like good film! (y)

Great set of images. It's a real nice little place with free entry to spectators. I've tried my hand at motorsport photography here but yours blow mine away (See website).

1 & 6 are my favourites.
Thanks Joe, much appreciated! (I like your paddocks shots, some good stuff in there)

:oops: :$ :eggface: :oops: :$ Oh FFS! I should probably practice my reading instead of just looking at the pictures :banghead:

Anyway, well done! I wondered how you'd done it but in fact you've managed to get film to look like good film! (y)
:D:D I tend not to write anything worth reading anyway! ;)

Cheers,
David

Back