VSCC Wiscombe (Through different eyes!)

Nod

Tootles
Name
Nod (UK)
Edit My Images
Yes
Seeing JamesT42's shots from last weekend reminded me that I had to "deal" with a few of my shots from the weekend.

You're welcome to tear them to shreds should you feel the need but I'm already aware of most of their shortcomings!

More can be seen in my gallery here (clicky).

An oblong 8 (how else to describe 2 square 4s linked together?
DSCF0601.jpg

THE Napier Bentley - 2 litres per pot and 12 pots full of bangs!
DSCF0618.jpg

A fast truck?
GN8_0118.jpg

Not a fast truck in that case!
GN8_0316.jpg

It really is a great day out with a variety of racing cars and road cars being raced for pure fun, although some of the players take it quite seriously (and the value of some of tha cars almost puts F1 to shame!)

Good to see some more pics from Wiscombe. I like the low angle in the last shot, though the background is a little distracting. Always good to see some engine detail too :)

I really must try and get to Wiscombe one year.

Cheers,

David, I know what you mean about the distracting background. Unfortunately there are marshalls' posts on almost every corner (to keep line-of-sight all the way up/dpwn the hill) so it's hard to avoid them and get head-on shots as they're racing.

One of the few places you can get head-ons is the corner where the Bentley's (#50) coming round but there was some other oik there at the time (James if I'm not mistaken!) :D

As I said above, it's a great day out for all, especially if you have any interest in real classic cars and like the smell of burning Methanol and "R"! Can't remember which other meeting was last weekend as well - the VSCC have the Sunday but another club had the Saturday - a quick peek at the Wiscombe website tells me it was the 500 Owners Association ( http://www.500race.org/ ). Depending on the weather next year, we might pop up for that as well (and 2 days would make the trip down from Lancs more worthwhile!) In fact, if hillclimbs are your thing, there are 4 clubs over 2 weekends this year but that was last weekend and this but IIRC, last year's calendar was similar and next year's will probably be so too. Of course there's loads of other stuf going on down at this end of the country anyway! The lovely beach and village of Branscombe is just down the road from Wiscombe as is the Jurassic coast and the Moors aren't too far away!

A great set of pics and looks like the conditions were difficult.
I also like the head on shot, pity about the marshalls as you say.
I went to a meeting last year (july) and took some pics,
wiscombe set on flickr

it really is a great hill climb venue.
hope to go again this year in July and on Sept 7/8th to the five clubs meeting.
Gurston Down is also a great place to to.

Hi Nod, loved your picture of my car at Wiscombe (worra lorra opplok). Is there any way you could let me have a high res image? (y)

Hi Damian, off on annuals soon so not really got time until we get back but would be happy to send you a print. I'll have a look through and see if I've got others of #84.

There was someone stood beside me wearing an official media tabard - he was snapping pretty much everything that came up the hill and might supply copies.

Back